Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
Are you quick to spot the critical bugs? Do you excel at finding what’s wrong with software? Does creating the best software and user experience excite you?
Are you able to set up automation frameworks from scratch and create CI/CD jobs to run the tests?
Are you technical and have a passion for backend testing and understanding how services work?
Zopa is looking for Automation Quality Assurance Engineers like you. A little more than just a traditional QA Engineer but with excellent technical skills and an understanding of how development testing works.
Zopa operates in a Tribes and Squads model meaning you would be plugged into a cross functional team with developers and any other areas of expertise required for the squad to achieve their goals.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the product answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with people across engineering, product and support to help deliver an amazing experience using the best technologies available. You will also be responsible for instilling a Quality driven mindset into the Squad.
At least 3 years of experience as a quality assurance engineer
Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies and processes
Manual testing experience
Experience testing Web APIs using any automation tools (e.g. Postman)
Programming experience, Java and/or Python a bonus
Experience with GIT or similar
Performance Testing experience using Java and/or Python a bonus
SQL experience (Minimum - able to comfortably query databases)
Able to automate the backend
Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins or similar) and the ability to set up and run automation
Experience working with microservices’
Selenium webdriver not essential but a nice to have
Ability to write quality test plans, test cases and bugs
Excellent reporting of metrics for test coverage for releases
Exposure to an Agile working environment
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to up-skill and technically train other QA members
Ability to analyse test scenarios, apply critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
Passionate about sharing of knowledge
Ability to think beyond assigned task, and be a good team player
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We believe a loan should be there to help you, not hold you back.
And an investment should be rewarding, but also ethical.
We're shaping the future of finance by offering competitive rates, flexible and intuitive products and award-winning customer service.
We exist to make money simple and fair for everyone – to enable people to do more with their money and take control of their finances.