Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
As a Zopa Reliability Engineer you will help to remove inefficiencies in the way Zopa use (or don’t use) technology to drive value for the business. Automating consistently, helping to design and support the various technology infrastructure to help Zopa grow. Both in our self-hosted datacentres and the cloud.
The Platforms Team has been created to improve the way we deliver our infrastructure and evolve the Reliability Engineering culture at Zopa. The team is responsible for evolving our infrastructure platforms to be drivable by our development tribes so that they can be more autonomous and agile, replacing tickets with APIs, designing properly reliable services whilst also supporting the security processes that are required in an FCA audited environment. We aim to curate the right selection of technologies, such as cloud providers, container platforms, monitoring, metrics and logging, open source projects, to achieve the goals on our platform roadmap.
Day to day, you might be automating infrastructure deployment to our multi cloud environment with terraform, improving our application release processes and pipelines, upgrading our container platforms to the latest version of Kubernetes and utilising the latest features, and designing processes and tools that help our developers to take more control of their products and the infrastructure they need.
Good knowledge of at least one programming language and the willingness to dabble in others (Go, Ruby, Python)
Cloud agnostic mentality
Exposure to cloud IaaS (AWS, GCP or other relevant)
Linux administration (CoreOS, or any Linux in general)
Experience with Immutable infrastructure
Linux containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
Good Knowledge on Hashicorp stack
Experience in building and maintaining Kafka clusters (mirroring Kafka across multiple datacentres)
Knowledge of event streaming
Ability to troubleshoot and tune performance of computer systems
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We believe a loan should be there to help you, not hold you back.
And an investment should be rewarding, but also ethical.
We're shaping the future of finance by offering competitive rates, flexible and intuitive products and award-winning customer service.
We exist to make money simple and fair for everyone – to enable people to do more with their money and take control of their finances.