These are the essential elements:
- Strong experience in using Java
- Experience in one or more of Scala, Python or C# is advantageous
- Strong emphasis on unit testing (plus integration, end-to-end). We are a financial institution and a strong commitment to quality is essential.
- Be happy to talk to key stakeholders on a daily basis and be able to understand and be interested in the business objectives of the company.
- Product-focused engineers - you will be part of a team that is on the front line of our business and you will see the direct impact of your work.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-moving environment and are ambitious about the speed and quality of your code. We ship our code multiple times a week with the impact measured in the result for the customer, not lines of code.
Bonus points for:
- You've worked on large scale distributed systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm).
- If you have worked with microservices and message-based architectures in the past (and understand both the pros and cons), it's a massive plus!
What we offer:
- New Office in sunny Barcelona. We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona
- Help with relocation to Barcelona and assistance with VISA
- Free Fresh fruit + Fresh Orange Juice
- Great coffee and tea
- Friday Drinks
- E-Learning membership
- Company events & Zocial events
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible Working
- Working within an award-winning and culturally fantastic Team
Projects you could be working on:
- Personal Finance Management feature or system. This might be a new way of verifying income, a budgeting service, or a new API to drive insights for customers. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
- Building a new Credit Card billing and statement generation engine, a card specific origination pipeline or integrating with third party processing and fraud prevention partners to enable a card that can work seamlessly and securely. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
- New micro-services: re-writing specific parts of our previous infrastructure into the new micro-services communicating through Kafka.
- Building our own internal services to coordinate how our consumer products (like loans or savings accounts) can manage sending and receiving money. It covers a range of payment channels – Faster Payments, Direct Debits, debit cards to name a few. This comes with plenty of technical challenges to make sure our services are easy to use, flexible enough to work for any product, but allow for operational scale: growth in volumes, growth in the range of products, employing a distributed architecture, and increasing the variety of payment channels with which we want to integrate.
About us Simple loans. Smart investments. We believe a loan should be there to help you, not hold you back. And an investment should be rewarding, but also ethical. We're shaping the future of finance by offering competitive rates, flexible and intuitive products and award-winning customer service. We exist to make money simple and fair for everyone – to enable people to do more with their money and take control of their finances.
Want to learn more about Zopa? Visit Zopa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer, MySQL
Pinterest, San Francisco
Member of Technical Staff, Full Stack
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Wordpress / PHP Developer
Lead Data Engineer, Data Warehouse
Fitbit, US - Boston
Lead Agile Coach (m/f)
foodora Germany, Germany, Berlin Global HQ
Sr. Technical Consultant (New York, NY)
Okta, New York, NY