Some of the projects our Technical Project Manager will be helping us with are;
- The creation of our new data-warehouse/data-lake combination (AWS, Redshift, Spark Athena), aimed at providing a consolidated, transparent, and easy-to-use repository of most of Zopa’s data, driving our modelling, monitoring, and reporting efforts.
- The migration of our backend platform to a scalable, distributed, event-based, on-the-cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kafka, Java, Python, C#)
The role’s responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day accountability for the successful delivery of the projects
- Facilitating communication and cooperation via stand-ups, presentations, meetings, and workshops
- Working with other Project and Product Managers, and with higher management (CTO, CPO, and Head of Data Science) to gather requirements, create roadmaps, and set the deliverables
- Working with the software developers and data engineers to monitor progress, ensure smooth delivery, and proactively and decisively resolve blocks
- Use of advanced programme delivery methods, including, governance structures, programme planning, budget management
- Acquiring close familiarity with the data processing and warehousing technologies used in Zopa
These are the essential elements, that we think will make a good Technical Project Manager here at Zopa:
- Extensive experience managing technical and data-related projects.
- Clear, persuasive, and effective communication in both technical and non-technical levels.
- Passion for technology – strong knowledge and grasp of technology and what it allows.
- Agile Project Management methodology
- Technical experience - ideally first-hand experience as a developer, engineer, tester, or data scientist
- Knowledge and experience within cloud-based infrastructures (e.g., Amazon Web Services), event-based processing (e.g., Kafka), and proper data warehousing (e.g., enterprise data warehouses with AWS Redshift and data lakes with Spark/AWS Athena).
- Familiarity with data governance, data privacy, and information security concepts
About us Simple loans. Smart investments. We believe a loan should be there to help you, not hold you back. And an investment should be rewarding, but also ethical. We're shaping the future of finance by offering competitive rates, flexible and intuitive products and award-winning customer service. We exist to make money simple and fair for everyone – to enable people to do more with their money and take control of their finances.
Want to learn more about Zopa? Visit Zopa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Lead (TDD, OOP, SOLID, CI/CD, Agile, Various Languages)
Software Engineer, Advanced Applications (Senior/Staff/Principal)
Okta, Toronto, Canada
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Engineering Lead - App & Partner Platform
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Front-End Engineer- Entry Level- Spring/Summer 2018
Peloton, New York, NY