Senior Strategic Sales Engineer, East
Zuora, New York
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
Join the Subscription Generation!
Zuora is the hottest SaaS Company in the Silicon Valley. We were built to change the way people do business and fuel the Subscription Economy. Since our founding in 2007 we have defined the Subscription Economy, raised over $130M in funding from top tier investors and become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in Silicon Valley. And oh yeah, we've built a killer product too.
Here at Zuora we believe that in order to build a killer product you have to have a killer team. Zuora is chock-full of game changers, innovators, and leaders who want to be part of the next wave of successful tech companies. Sound like a place for you?
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with a pre-IPO company that is poised for success and set on a trajectory for massive growth. To be frank, now is a pretty exciting time to be here.
Zuora Senior Sales Engineers work in the field, hand in hand with Zuora Enterprise/Strategic Account Executives to close business. At Zuora, the company mission for a Senior Sales Engineer is to achieve a technical win over all competition and demonstrate how Zuora will allow the world’s largest companies to grow and become successful in The Subscription Economy.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will get the unique opportunity to work with Enterprise/Strategic customers as we continue to grow out our East Coast division.
· Technical subject matter expert to consult prospects in their transition to The Subscription Economy
· Create end to end use case specific demonstrations mapped to prospects strategic objectives across industries
· Explain to C-Level audience how Zuora’s platform will allow their business to succeed in The Subscription Economy
· Support sales and marketing at field events with product demonstrations and technical subject matter expertise
· Respond to technical elements of RFI’s / RFP’s
· Front line liaison to product management roadmap based on prospect needs
· Secure technical win by differentiating against competition and providing technical closure
· Collaborate with professional services solution architects in overall design and approach
· Travel throughout sales territory
The ideal candidate wants to be the go to technical consultant for companies transitioning to The Subscription Economy. Must be self-motivated with desire to learn and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel in The Subscription Economy. The candidate is credible, persuasive, with excellent presentation skills, and the desire to drive discussions for both small and large groups within organizations.
· 7+ years relevant experience in technical enterprise/strategic sales
· Familiarity with SaaS and Cloud technology
· Understanding of subscription and recurring revenue business models
· Understanding of API development and various coding languages (php, ruby, java, etc.)
B.S. in Engineering / Computer Science or a related technology field is strongly preferred