Director of Marketing Operations
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
Director of Marketing Operations, San Mateo
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading enterprise software platform is the only solution that automates all subscription order-to-cash operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and credentialed individual who has the ability to capitalize on its accelerated momentum to expand and lead a marketing operations function within the Marketing organization. Reporting to the CMO, this person will be responsible for marketing related reporting and analytics across all marketing and sales functions. This will include responsibility for interpreting the data and making strategy recommendations, building and refining process as well as planning and budgeting (in conjunction with corporate marketing and field marketing). In addition, this individual will lead technology selection, implementation and data management, as well as demand generation funnel management and marketing skills development. This person will provide leadership on Reporting, Systems, Budgets and Process to the stakeholders of Marketing, Sales and Sales Operations will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of all marketing metrics and dashboards across the companies’ geographies, industries, partners and customers.
Zuora is looking for a forward-thinking Marketing Operations leader who can extend market penetration by leading the innovation effort associated with refining marketing automation, analytics and reporting capabilities. This person will develop highly scalable and repeatable processes as well as provide foresight, subject-matter knowledge and leadership skills to lead and define both short-term and long-term goals. The successful candidate will hold a consultative influence across many functional areas and stakeholders within the organization and develops the planning and budgeting process in conjunction with the CMO and go-to market plans. This person will be the resident domain expert driving all marketing automation metrics to help meet company target revenue growth.
· Define, develop and implement marketing measurement strategy to include consistent and meaningful reporting mechanisms, including dashboard and reports for key stakeholders.
· Create and manage data quality programs for marketing automation systems and the marketing technology stack.
· Make recommendations to improve the efficiency and success of driving profitable revenue growth.
· Deliver ongoing analytics and dashboards to provide marketing and sales with insights for better decision making.
· Marketing data ownership/management, as well as alignment with relevant corporate data initiatives.
· Work closely with Sales operations and Sales leadership to drive strong lead management, conversion rates and improve marketing leverage.
· Enable and train key business processes and initiatives into marketing and field marketing.
· Mentor and develop marketing operations skills in the function and across the organization
· Oversight of marketing planning and budgeting process in conjunction with the CMO
· Enable the organization to reach pipeline and revenue goals.
· Best-in-class reporting and initiative recommendations that are used across, sales, marketing and executive management to inform strategic decisions.
· Proactively assess opportunities for improvements and create recommendations of best practices, new service offerings, technology introductions, cost savings, etc.
· Successful management of customer and partner database enabling reliable reporting
· Drive deep segmentation to help the field marketing teams deliver the right message to the right audience enabling best-in-class.
· Clear MBO’s to help transform Marketing into a scalable metric-driven organization.
Five to ten years of global marketing experience, ideally in marketing operations/analytical roles.
Master data experience in Salesforce and Marketo, Domo is a huge plus
Ability to analyze, interrogate, distill and communicate complex data across sales and marketing,
Demand creation/field marketing experience is ideal.
IT project management experience a must.
Marketing reporting and dashboard development, analysis and delivery, including using data from multiple sources.
Lead management process creation, scoring, delivery and monitoring, particularly in the area of service-level agreements.
Subject matter expertise in marketing operations, including lead management, customer life-cycle, telemarketing, and master data experience with Salesforce and Marketo
Must demonstrate a talent for staying close to the details of the business while proactively working to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations.
Previous experience building a marketing business operations team that is onshore and offshore
Collaborate at all levels of the organization and facilitate strong teamwork.
Analytical thinker, naturally curious and willing to learn new best-in-class leading edge marketing analytics methods and processes.
Advanced analytic and reporting and presentation skills
Ability to work in a fast paced startup culture
Self starter and leader -highly accountable and communicative