Senior Technical Solution Consultant
Zuora, New York City
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, New York, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.
The Technical Solution Consultant has a high proficiency in the translation of business problems into solution leveraging the out of the box configuration capabilities of Zuora as well as technical solution based on Zuora APIs, data exports and loads and advanced configuration. Should always ensure that solution provided is delivering business value. Ideal candidate has 1 to 4 years of experience in implementing and integrating software solutions, ideally in Billing, CRM or ERP domains.
The Technical Solution Consultant manages multiple complex tasks and priorities while maintaining the ability to engage with team members and clients in a professional and timely manner. He/she maintains control during challenging project situations and exudes confidence to other team members and the client. Communicates professionally and in the correct business form with team members and clients.
Will serve as a the primary/sole technical consultant for small projects and less complex mid-size projects. As experience increases, he/she will assume responsibility for being the sole consultant on more complex projects or for large deliverables on complex Enterprise and Mid-Market projects.
Through individual actions and on a day to day basis, the Technical Solution Consultant will demonstrate a clear understanding of Customer Success. This means developing technical solutions to solve business problems and not simply code. He/she will develop a proficiency in identifying when a technical solution may not solve a business problem and therefore puts business value at risk.
The Technical consultants will carry out the following activities:
- Run Technical training or lead technical deep dives with the Client
- Configure Zuora to fulfill use cases
- Identify areas of complexity and propose technical solutions
- Independently own development projects through all life cycle phases (Java, PHP, Ruby, .Net and Python)
- Collaborate on several, concurrent projects, which could include coding and design, coordinating new releases or documenting projects
- Provide the client with the expertise on the Zuora API, integration technical best practices, data export and load, including guidance and support for data migration activities
- Develop and test programs that are easily maintainable.
- Will review the work done by the Client or by an implementing Partner in order to provide guidance, feedback and anticipate issues
- Work with your Solution Architect and other team members to ensure proper application of all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC), and that completion dates are met
- 20-40% travel is required, depending on client expectations
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related major
- Previous consulting experience implementing software solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have solid understanding of object oriented technologies to develop software applications (java, python, ruby on rails, APEX, .net, C#)
- Ability to accurately scope, adjust when requirements change, and accurately allocate level of effort for tasks.
- Demonstrated strength with complex problem decomposition
- Ability to work well with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred
- Working knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- APEX quoting experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer, Structured Data
Etsy, San Francisco, CA
Data Science Consultant - Supply Chain
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Data Science Manager, Airbnb for Work
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Machine Learning/Deep Learning Scientist
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY