We are in the midst of a once-in-a-century shift in business models. Consumers are choosing outcomes over ownership. The world is shifting to subscriptions. Zuora is The Subscription Economy® Leader, at the heart of this shift, enabling business and subscriber freedom across the globe. Zuora’s leading subscription management platform helps businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. In short, Zuora is Powering the Subscription Economy® with our unified order-to-cash system. Zuora supports over 1000 customers worldwide including Dell, Vivint, Schneider Electric, Box, The Financial Times, and General Motors. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, and Tokyo.
It’s more than just subscriptions – it’s the new world of happy business. Learn more at www.zuora.com
This position is for a front-end, back-end and/or full-stack engineer with excellent coding and communication skills. You’ll work closely with co-workers from various parts of the company in the brainstorming and planning stages of projects, offering input and suggestions from an engineering and business perspective.
You have a solid understanding of computer science, Web architecture, software-design patterns and testing that you’ll apply to the development of projects. Your demonstrated technical acumen will be critical in this role and will help to ensure that the solutions you propose remain on time and on budget while delivering an exceptional user experience.
As a lean team supporting the technology needs of a fast-moving company, we rely on our engineers to be flexible, creative and ready to problem solve across multiple domains.
Successful Software Engineers at Zuora enjoy working in an extremely fast paced and fluid team environment.
- Write front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) and back-end (Ruby, Java, NodeJS) code for Zuora Connect’s internal and public-facing, high-traffic web applications
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of our application framework, and help maintain and improve it
- Design and develop API systems to interface with third-party applications/providers
- Perform code reviews
- Create and present technical design plans to the team, and participate in the review of teammates’ technical design plans
- Assist project managers in creating project-specification documents, estimating an appropriate project timeline and ensuring projects are completed on-time
- Work closely with system administrators on the architecture of our production systems on the Amazon Web Services platform, anticipate resource needs for site-traffic patterns and assist in the monitoring of production systems
- Contribute to and lead improvement efforts of our development environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, including algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns
- Experience and knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience using version control systems, preferably Git
- Thorough understanding of cloud-hosting technologies, including DNS, load balancers, caching theory, Apache, MySQL, Memcache. Preferred: experience with these technologies on the Amazon Web Services platform
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with other employees and contractors
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Learning Platform
DataCamp, Leuven, Belgium or London
Product Manager - Discoverability
Senior Product Designer, Shopper
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Instacart, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Senior Product Manager
Enterprise Marketing & Engagement Director
HealthTap, Mountain View