A Solution Delivery Manager (SDM) is a senior individual contributor, member of the Zuora’s Global Services team (GS). SDM’s primary mission is to lead and govern Zuora’s solutions deployed within the context of larger technical solutions or as a standalone solution. SDMs are expected to have strong communication skills and relationships building skills to develop, maintain and nurture stakeholder relationships with customers, partners and internally within Zuora. SDM have end to end reasonability for implementation projects they lead, in particular to manage the scope, schedule, budget and to meet customer’s expectations.
SDMs involvement with customers will start normally at the presales stage until final closure of the implementation and a successful go-live. During the presale stage, the SDMs works closely with the GS Client Manager, Practice Director, Sales and the GS Centre of Excellence (CoE)
Support the Client Manager and sales team in pre-sales activities for assigned opportunities in coordination and under the guidance of GS Practice Director and/or GS Client Manager to position, present and sell Zuora’s products and services. SDMs will work in collaboration with a technical consultant (TC), a solution architect (SA), product engineers and the sales engineer (SE) as needed. Normal pre-sale activities and deliverables would be: participating in customer meetings and workshops, qualification of the service opportunity, implementation scoping, timeline and LOE estimations, and writing the SOW.
SDMs are accountable for managing the entire Delivery to meet the customer’s objectives, expectations and customer’s business needs as defined in the pre-sale phase and documented in the SOW.
- Establish healthy, professional and strong relationships with the customer.
- Become the customer trusted advisor in Zuora during the implementation phase.
- lead the implementation and support of the customer during the implementation phases.
- Have a healthy sense of risk management and can proactively manage risk prior to an escalation.
- Execute the project following Zuora’s delivery methodology:
- Delivery planning, execution, monitoring, quality reviews, stakeholder management, risk management, communication management.
- Resource management:
- Assign GS resources based on the delivery plan.
- Ensure the customer provides the required resources for delivery and is coordinated with Zuora’s resources.
- Maintain the staffing plan in the Zuora systems
- Manage the project’s budget:
- Weekly report: revenue and cost forecast.
- ensure the project is not going over budget without an explicit approval from the customer to sign a CO or with an approval from the PD to continue to deliver under a risk.
- Project revenues, cost and margin.
- Z-GRAB date and customer go live date
Key skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years of delivery experience; with at least 7 years as a project manager.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in implementing Enterprise software applications such as ERP or CRM.
- Strong account management, client service and/or management consulting experience.
- Capabilities to be successful in pre-sales activities and building account expansion plans.
- Experienced Project Manager, a certification would be a plus (PMI, Prince2, MSP, Agile …)
- Manage several implementations concurrently, potentially between 4 – 4.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, customer focus and results orientation.
- Capable to operate effectively in uncertainty.
- Executive presence with C-level communication skills.
- Proficiency in presenting technical concepts effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and business topics.
- Proven experience in mapping customer business initiatives and customer requirements to business applications solutions.
- Lead teams of architects, consultants, and developers.
- Able to effectively manage scope change within a project or program.
- Has experience in managing sub-contractors and service partners.
- ERP, CRM, accounting systems, provisioning systems
- Billing and payment systems
- Salesforce platform
- Knowledge of Web Services, XML, SOAP, REST
- Experience working with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team and customer base with travel up to 40% of the time (including possible international travel)
- Pride and passion in your work.
- A thirst for knowledge.
- Attention to details.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Action orientated and strong in execution.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Science Fraud Risk Consultant
Accenture, NY - New York, USA
Node.js Backend Software Engineer
First Look Media
Managing Director, Field of Vision
First Look Media, New York, NY
Mobile & Web Analytics Analyst
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
R+D Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
Formlabs, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Domain Expert, Russian
Dataminr, Seattle, Wa