Senior Sales Engineer
Customers have changed. In the new Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo) customers are happier subscribing to the outcomes they want, when they want them, rather than purchasing a product with the burden of ownership. We believe that one day, every company will be part of the Subscription Economy.
Zuora’s leading SaaS subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to a subscription model and open new revenue streams. Our growth story is far from over and our Sales team is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We are looking for a highly collaborative, outcome-oriented Senior Sales Engineer to help us bring home the technical win and take on a $40 billion market opportunity.
Working hand in hand with our Enterprise Account Executives, you’ll solve for some of the most interesting business challenges and transformations. You’ll be the CEO aka “ZEO” of your domain and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel. You’ll leverage your technical prowess to knock out the competition and demonstrate how Zuora will allow the world’s largest companies to unlock new growth and become successful in the Subscription Economy.
What you’ll achieve:
- Become a key, strategic partner to our Enterprise sales team and help the team hit their quarterly revenue goals
- Serve as the go-to technical subject matter expert by consulting prospects in their transition to The Subscription Economy
- Deliver product demonstrations and technical presentations to a C-Level audience and articulate how Zuora’s platform will allow their business to succeed and grow
- Create end to end use case specific demonstrations mapped to prospects’ strategic objectives across industries
- Secure technical wins by differentiating Zuora against the competition, handle technical objections and mitigate any concerns that might block a deal from closing
- Act as the front line liaison to our product management team by informing our product roadmap based on prospects’ needs
- Collaborate with solution architects in overall design and approach
- Support sales and marketing at field events with product demonstrations and technical subject matter expertise
- Respond to technical elements of RFI’s / RFP’s
- Travel throughout your sales territory
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ years relevant experience in a technical Enterprise sales role
- Self-motivation and the desire to learn and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel in The Subscription Economy
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to drive discussions for both small and large groups within organizations
- Strong business value selling experience and familiarity with SaaS and Cloud technology
- An understanding of subscription and recurring revenue business models
- Experience working with a diligent sales process methodology (MEDDIC, MEDDPICC, etc.)
- General understanding of API development and various coding languages (php, ruby, java, etc.)
B.S. in Engineering / Computer Science or a related technology field is strongly preferred
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,000 passionate and innovative ZEOs. ZEO Culture isn’t an empty branding effort. We take it very seriously and we have a daring desire to do things differently. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.