Zuora is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Program Management Lead to join the Global PMO supporting the Technology team. The technology program management office owns the delivery of complex, cross cutting initiatives in the technology organization. Program managers track program deliverables across multiple teams and use foundational project management principles to create operating models for highly complex programs. The lead should be a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can guide, inspire, coach, and mentor our engineering teams who is also comfortable getting their hands dirty. The Program Management Lead must be extremely organized, with solid strategic planning, resource allocation and outcome-based measurement skills. They must be able to balance competing priorities, have demonstrated process development experience and approach challenges with flexibility and a positive approach.
The ideal candidate has a love for the craft of program management in a servant leader role and can operate in a portfolio management role, program management role, pmo leader role and process delivery role with the ability to identify the best role to suit the initiative, team or situation and the flexibility to adjust in real time.
- Actively drive the enhancement of project management processes, tooling and templates to improve the operating model maturity of a scaling product ecosystem and transforming technology organization.
- Drive programs through all phases of the Program Management Lifecycle, including functional and technical design, quality strategy definition, estimation, planning, tracking, risk management, release readiness, documentation, material program changes, key decisions and cross team dependencies.
- Create an operating model to tap into multiple scrum team activities to track committed work (projects, features, stories, milestones) and release content without being in the day to day activities of the team.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Identify and manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Provide objective, transparent, accurate, timely status reports and program summaries to stakeholders including scope/schedule/quality risks, project status, resource allocation and customer impact.
- Perform project evaluations and transform lessons learned to actionable improvements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Direct work experience in a technical program management capacity to drive large, complex technical initiatives including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Extensive experience driving change and fostering a continuous process improvement culture; previous experience with process development, process transformation leadership with a proven track record of rolling out program management concepts to teams; via templates, processes, tooling, methodologies.
- Solid project management background in commercial software development and delivery; no less than 8 years experience as a project management professional with at least 3 years experience as Scrum Master and at least 2 years operating in a micro-service architecture and a micro-service software development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or experience in a related technical discipline.
- Ability to crisply articulate project status at executive level and team level both verbally and with program dashboards, reports and communication.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and summarize problem statements and proactively work across the organization to drive issues to closure.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated; self-starter. Can operate with some level of ambiguity; knows when to dig in, do research, pull information together to drive issues to ground.
- Extensive planning experience of complex systems; can demonstrate deep understanding of incremental delivery models.
- Excellent project planning skills; can drive teams through all stages of project initiation, concept, high level planning, detail estimation, etc to build project implementation and delivery plans.
- Proven track record of managing multiple major and concurrent projects/programs executed through multiple geographic locations involving cross functional teams
- Detail oriented; strives for excellence of quality and accuracy of data in all deliverables.
- Strong teamwork; team building skills and ability to influence; builds relationships/community within teams.
- High energy; desire to constantly learn; thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Direct experience working with software engineering leadership, technical teams and individual contributors
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle for enterprise commercial software delivery; experience in release management; change control and quality assurance processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing a small team and growing team members in their career.
- JIRA & Confluence experience
- OKR Experience
- PMP desired (if not certified; plan/desire to be certified), CSM desired
- Experience with micro service/SOA architecture, AWS or Public cloud experience;
- Billing, Payment, Commerce, Platform, DevOps system/app experience
- Prior experience as a software developer or quality assurance engineer a plus
- Experience leading organizational transformation initiatives
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.