For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Our growth story is only just beginning and our Sales Engineering team is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We are looking for a highly collaborative, outcome-oriented Senior Sales Engineer, to help us bring home the technical win and take on this huge market opportunity.
Working hand in hand with our Strategic Account Executives, you’ll solve for some of the most interesting business-critical challenges and transformations. You’ll focus on large established, multi-billion dollar companies; helping them embrace digital transformation, to be disruptors and avoid being disrupted. As the CEO aka “ZEO” of your domain, you’ll become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel. You’ll leverage your technical prowess to knock out the competition and demonstrate how Zuora allows the world’s largest companies to unlock new growth and become successful in the Subscription Economy.
Join us and make shift happen!
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Complete Zuora’s in depth onboarding and sales training to become an expert in Zuora’s products, services, unique solutions and technical capabilities
- Become a key, strategic partner to our Strategic sales team and help the team hit their quarterly revenue goals
- Serve as the go-to technical subject matter expert by consulting prospects in their transition to The Subscription Economy
- Deliver product demonstrations and technical presentations to a C-Level audience and articulate how Zuora’s platform will allow their business to succeed and grow
- Create end to end use case specific demonstrations mapped to prospects’ strategic objectives across industries
- Secure technical wins by differentiating Zuora against the competition, handle technical objections and mitigate any concerns that might block a deal from closing
- Act as the front line liaison to our product management team by informing our product roadmap based on prospects’ needs
- Collaborate with solution architects in overall design and approach
- Support sales and marketing at field events with product demonstrations and technical subject matter expertise
- Respond to technical elements of RFI’s / RFP’s
- Travel throughout your sales territory
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years relevant experience in a technical Strategic Sales Engineering and/or Solution Architect roles
- Self-motivation and the desire to learn and become an expert on the entire quote to cash cycle for enterprise businesses across any sales channel in The Subscription Economy
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to drive discussions for both small and large groups within organizations
- Strong business value selling experience and familiarity with SaaS and Cloud technology
- An understanding of subscription and recurring revenue business models
- Experience working with a diligent sales process methodology (Value Selling)
- General understanding of API development and various coding languages (php, ruby, java, etc.)
- Expertise in navigating and designing complex IT architecture
- B.S. in Engineering / Computer Science or a related technology field is strongly preferred
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!