IT Operations Manager
Zuora, United States, Remote
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for improving Zuora’s IT Service Management practices, working with internal IT teams to deliver world-class IT services on an enterprise scale. Well versed in ITIL, you’ll be working closely with various process owners and managers to improve the performance of processes such Change Management, Release Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management.
Through leadership, influence, operations experience, and communication abilities, this individual will plan, coordinate, and direct initiatives that’ll deliver business results by working with cross functional teams to identify and drive change through continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Act as a change agent and program lead for IT transformation to a process based team using industry standard best practices such as ITIL as the foundation.
- Work with IT leadership to design and maintain all IT support processes according to operation policies through standardization of methods.
- Work cross functionally with internal IT teams and business partners to drive our highest priority projects to successful completion.
- Support the review of alternative solutions, working with enterprise architecture and product owners and ensure tradeoffs are documented and agreed upon.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators and processes to regularly monitor and act on the data provided.
- Support reviews of Incident and Problem data for trends and recurrence of issues, finding opportunities to reduce the frequency and eliminate service impacting events.
- Support the implementation of service management and reporting tools, including the analysis and administration of tools to understand key performance indicators for service delivery.
- Provide the framework for the development of guides for users and technicians, such as FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT department personnel. Be a key contributor to these guides.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience of implementing ITSM tools and process, with a proven track record of increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of IT.
- 2+ years of experience in project/program management including release and deployment processes using Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
See jobs at Bluecore