Sr. Program Manager
Zuora, Beijing Shi, China
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They're looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let's call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today's new era, it's all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers' needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is "The World Subscribed" where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join a team of talented Program Management Professionals and Engineers. This role will be a member of the Technical Program Management group within Zuora's Cloud Engineering and which supports and scales the Zuora service and underlying infrastructures. The TPM will be responsible for planning and delivery of initiatives and programs to meet the business objectives across Product and Engineering and Zuora Cloud Engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE
In this key leadership role as a Technical Program Manager, you will act as the evangelist for enabling our complex programs. You will take charge using your technical leadership and program management skills to drive success for these key initiatives. You will apply expert judgment to keep teams focused, remove impediments and deliver success in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong desire to drive predictability in outcomes, transparency along the way and the ability to build a delivery-focused, highly collaborative culture within the teams.
- Facilitate the technical planning, execution and enablement of key programs focused in Platform, Cloud Engineering and Application technology areas
- Communicate and build rapport with senior executives, technical and non-technical team members alike
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent teams from delivering objectives
- Lead and contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Draw from your hands-on experience in the relevant technology requested
- Focus more on delivery and results rather than ideology
- Define key program metrics and communicate outcomes, blockers and program performance.
- Work with management and other leaders to continually identify and implement team process improvements
- Provide “go to” leadership, clarity and visibility to the entire org
- Perform project evaluations and transform lessons learned to actionable improvements.
- Track program delivery against defined definition of done for delivery milestones
- Drive artifact and checkpoint reviews for complete delivery and Go-To-Market Readiness
- Manage outcomes required for successful business viability metrics for cost governance, revenue targets, service availability and supportability, customer self service, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Success in the role requires you to support and enable the success of your team, develop stellar cross-functional relationships at multiple levels of the organization, and demonstrate strong technical skills and business acumen. You should have a strong sense of personal accountability and be excited by the challenge of working in an Agile and innovative environment. You should also have a consistent record of success working in an Agile environment. As a TPM, you will work to improve practices to encourage more predictable delivery and facilitate Agile ceremonies and planning of releases.
- 10+ years of enterprise commercial software/technical program or engineering management experience at an enterprise technology company
- 6+ years of solution management experience for infrastructure, software or data services (SaaS experience)
- Ability to demonstrate experience and technical subject matter expertise relevant to Cloud Engineering / Platform technology and enterprise-level commercial software as a service
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development and/or infrastructure processes and lifecycle and the ability to adjust and apply this knowledge
- Strong technical aptitude, and experience with both application and platform components
- Comfortable working with strategic and tactical components of program management.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration
- Able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of proactively working across the organization to drive issues to closure
- Proven track record of building motivated, collaborative and productive teams, including remote team members
- Ability to juggle competing or changing priorities without loss of efficiency
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast changes with an ability to adapt as needed
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Familiar with SAFe Agile methodology, SAFe certified a plus
- Proven track record of managing multiple major and concurrent projects/programs executed through multiple geographic locations involving cross functional teams
- Mentor team of junior & associate TPMs to build solid TPM discipline & skillset in Zuora
- Detail oriented; settles for nothing less than excellence of quality and accuracy of data in all deliverables.
- JIRA Cloud & Confluence Cloud experience
- PMP desired (if not certified; plan/desire to be certified)
- Experience with micro service/SOA architecture, AWS or Public cloud experience;
- Billing, Payment, Commerce, Platform, DevOps system/app experience
- Experience with rapid release; multiple release train delivery and change orchestration
- Prior experience as a software developer or quality assurance engineer a plus
- Experience leading organizational transformation initiatives
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR "ZEO" CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the 'ZEO' of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with "career cash" and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.