Director, Analyst Relations
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
- Lead and continue to build Zuora’s Analyst Relations function to help the company quickly respond and formulate informed points of view to industry trends and shifts in the competitive landscape.
- Share relevant or emerging analyst research with senior management; keep current on competitive landscape and developments in our space as strategically appropriate.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior management as to how to engage best with key influencers to company and product strategy.
- Collaborate cross-organizationally with colleagues in marketing, sales, product and legal as required circulation of market intelligence to highlight Zuora’s strategic advantage.
- Work closely with product marketing, finance, engineering and product management to educate analysts and proactively engage with them on strategic topics.
- Develop, manage and execute a targeted analyst relations strategy to educate key industry influencers who have relationships or research projects with existing or prospective Zuora customers.
- Influence research on Zuora, our competitors and our growing market to shape perception of Zuora and the value we bring to our customers.
- Proactively engage with top tier and specialized analyst relations firms to bring insights to our product development, marketing, engineering and services teams that help shape strategy and our competitiveness in the market.
- Procure and manage paid qualitative and quantitative research projects on behalf of Zuora.
- Manage budgets, scope of engagement and overall vendor relationships --- conducting annual contract negotiations, procuring special services, inquiries or strategy days.
- 7-10+ years of experience with well-regarded high tech company.
- An MBA, Investment banking or strategy/management consulting background is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of financial operations, market and competitive intelligence, analyst relations, public relations or investor relations are valuable
- Executive presence, with an ability to express a point-of-view and provide strategic counsel to senior executives.
- Experience operating in a start-up or fast-paced, high growth, global company
- A track record of leveraging influencer skills with the tenacity, patience and determination to challenge long held beliefs or challenge conventional wisdom.
- A keen understanding of building credible and strategic relationship with key industry analysts and influencers
- A background in product or services marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.