Zuora, Redwood City, California, United States
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
The Technical Architect is an expert in translating business problems into technical solutions leveraging the full capabilities of the Zuora Subscription platform, and ensures that the proposed solution adheres to Zuora best practices. The Architect can manage teams of Technical Consultants on multiple strategic projects simultaneously, while proactively dealing with customer escalations and identifying project risks. This individual can communicate professionally and directly with senior-level executives, and will work cross-collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering to ensure client issues are clearly articulated and a path to resolution is identified and followed to completion.
Through individual actions and on a day to day basis, the Technical Architect will demonstrate a clear understanding of Customer Success. This means developing complex technical design solutions to solve business problems and not simply write code.
The Technical Architect will carry out the following activities:
- Lead Sprint Planning, Run Daily Scrum meetings and Backlog Management.
- Identify areas of complexity when gathering requirements and propose technical solutions.
- Independently run Technical Design and Integration workshops with customer’s business and technical teams.
- Independently own and manage large-scale development projects overseeing a team of Technical Consultants through all life cycle phases.
- Collaborate and manage several concurrent projects, which could include coding and design, coordinating new releases or documenting projects.
- Provide the client with technical expertise on the Zuora platform and integration technologies.
- Review the work done by the Client or by an implementing Partner in order to provide guidance, feedback and resolve issues.
- Assist pre-sales by providing detailed estimates for complex customizations.
- Work with the Solution Architect and other team members to ensure proper application of all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC), and that completion dates are met with quality work.
- Mentor other Technical Consultants.
- 30-50% travel is required, depending on project requirements and client expectations.
- Define methodology and best practices for the Technical Consulting Center of Excellence.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a Computer related major.
- 5 to 8 years of technical consulting experience involving the customization, development, and integration of software modules that are customized to meet business requirements.
- 3 years of Order to Cash experience within a professional services organization, ideally with at least 2 years delivering billing solutions.
- 4 years of experience Architecting, Designing and Implementing Applications with Advanced Salesforce Skills - VisualForce and APEX.
- 5 years of programming experience with SOAP/REST API’s, XML, JSON, client and server side technologies.
- 5 years of experience implementing and customizing solutions for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) software in Software as a Service (SaaS) environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to accurately scope, plan and estimate the level of effort for complex tasks.
- Demonstrated strength with complex problem decomposition.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall development environments.
- In-depth knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment.
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
File hosting service