Quality and Tools Lead
Zuora, Redwood City, California, United States
Unifying order-to-cash for a dynamic subscription world
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best-selling book Subscribed.
The Quality and Tools Lead is responsible for defining and maintaining the quality strategy for the IT organization. The strategy should include quality processes, toolsets and metric definitions. You will be working with key leaders across Zuora to define and implement a testing strategy that will be used to implement change in complex systems. Quality and consistency will be your mantra.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Implement a quality/testing strategy for the Zuora IT organization, a strategy that can be deployed on a regular basis to successfully implement change.
- Develop a test automation framework that will allow change to be implemented quickly in our mission critical systems.
- Work with IT teams across the organization to help standardize how the organization approaches quality assurance.
- Introduce a set of consistent metrics that allow leadership to understand testing status and progress in the same way across programs.
- Evaluate and propose tools that will enable the test strategy.
- Provide QA knowledge and expertise across the organization to help with planning and resources.
- Enable offshore teams to ramp up quickly on new topic areas so they can effectively test during times of high demand.
- Work with IT leadership to define and execute against a quarter over quarter plan of quality improvement for the team.
- Establish metrics, key performance indicators and processes to regularly monitor the state of testing and data quality across the landscape.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 4+ years relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience specific to Quality Assurance concepts - with a proven track record of developing plans that are successfully implemented and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of testing in your organization.
- 2+ years of related experience in project/program management including release and deployment processes using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
We are only accepting applications from candidates based in the USA and authorized to work in the USA. The person hired for this position will be expected to perform work within the United States. We are unable to sponsor any type of work visa for this role.
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world’s foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuora’s leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Want to learn more about Zuora? Visit Zuora's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.