We are currently searching for top talent to join us as a Global Director, Ecosystem Services, and take responsibility for the health of our global eCommerce ecosystem of companies. Our goal is to find entrepreneurial people who share our passion for growth and have demonstrated their ambition through interesting and demanding professional roles and education. Our strength lies in the diversity of our team members’ previous experiences. For all of our roles, we are open to candidates from a number of backgrounds, including experience with top startups, management consulting, operations, and other related functions or industries.
The role is primarily based in our ZX Ventures Head Office in London, UK, but requires frequent travel to our current and potential ecosystem business, zone & global offices and partners
ACCOUNTABILITY OF ROLE
This job is accountable for developing, executing and evolving our strategy for the ZX Ecosystem services business by:
- Working with the ZX Ecosystem Steerco to identify the business’ needs to accelerate their growth through centralized specialist services and teams
- Hiring and developing best in class talent to support the services globally both in the central team and placed within the business’
- Developing and exploring opportunities for monetization of these best in class talent and services both internally to ABI/ZX and externally to startups and other business’
- Managing our investor relations to ensure essential services are funded;
- Ensuring our pipeline is full by identifying, future needs and capabilities to support the ever-changing consumer needs
Our ZX Ecosystem Services Director needs five core strengths:
- Extensive experience with both startup and large business’ for both centralization and democratization of talent and services. Familiar with flexible and agile ways of working to get the best out of highly skilled teams in fast moving and ever-changing environments.
- Financial/business acumen and strategy development, with >8 years operational management experience across both large corporate & early stage business in high growth. Comfortable with financial modeling & evolving strategy development for both operational and monetization of business models
- Strong communication, influence and business development skills, with expertise in building relationships across complex business structures, encouraging collaboration and also synthesizing complex information into digestible formats.
- Cross functional, matrix team management. >5 experience and extremely comfortable in managing teams and projects across multiple business units in both direct and dotted line scenarios
- Grit – a balance of passion for the challenge and ability withstand many setbacks in order to keep making progress in uncertain, iterative, evolutionary processes.
One of the complexities of the role is that it has multiple stakeholder groups:
- The ZX Ventures Ecosystem & AB InBev Management Boards:
- Strategy Alignment
- Performance Updates & Ecosystem PR;
- Investment Requests
- The ZX Ventures Ecosystem & AB InBev leadership teams:
- Strategy Alignment
- ZX Ecosystem Services Implementation;
- Project Management - Gap opening & closing.
- The ZX Ventures Ecosystem & AB InBev finance community:
- Performance Reporting & forecasting;
- Investment Requests
- The external drinks & technology start-up community:
- Opportunity identification;
- Monetization opportunities
- Talent Attraction & ZX Ecosystem PR;
- On-boarding & Integration.
- The ZX Ventures Ecosystem Services
- xxx direct reports:
- Director Technology
- Director Product
- Ecosystem Marketing Lead
- Ecosystem Data Lead
- xxx direct reports:
SOUND INTERESTING TO YOU? HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You thrive in startup or fast-paced innovation environments. You're comfortable working autonomously, with little oversight. You’ll be on a small team with significant responsibilities and will need to be comfortable working – and delivering – in an unstructured, fluid environment.
- You're a creative problem solver.
- You have strong initiative. ZX is proud of the speed at which our business moves, and we are looking for true self-starters who are willing to be a part of our fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills. We expect our team members to learn quickly and handle a number of challenges with resilience.
- You've delivered exceptional results throughout your prior experiences. We are looking for people who can show that their actions have led to impact.
ZX Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ZX Ventures is a global incubator, operator, and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev. We are a small army of futurists, dreamers, doers, designers, engineers, scientists, marketers, brewers, builders, and data geeks. From operating leading craft breweries, eCommerce sites, technology products and retail operations to investing in innovative third-party companies, ZX Ventures is accelerating the future. With offices in over 20 countries, the opportunities are as vast and diverse as our team of professionals.
BE EMPOWERED BY PEOPLE.
Work with passionate partners and industry leaders, including entrepreneurs, investors, operators, and innovators who are dreaming of changing the world…and then doing it. You’ll have the chance not just to work with them, but to become one of them. We’re a company of owners, which means you can count on your colleagues because they’re as vested in this dream as you are.
LEARN QUICKLY. GROW QUICKLY.
You’ll explore uncharted territory, creating, investing in and leading businesses, products, and models that didn’t exist before. The result? You have the opportunity – and the expectation – to learn something new. And you’ll learn quickly, because accepting big challenges is in your DNA.
GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
At ZX Ventures, you’ll have the opportunity to build the future of an industry, backed by its leader. What does that mean? A startup environment with access to AB InBev’s resources. Centuries of expertise spanning 150 countries and 180,000 colleagues. Brands that have been bringing people together for generations. The possibilities for your career are endless.
There are no limits to what you can achieve here. If you have the ambition to chase big dreams, at ZX Ventures you’ll get the autonomy and resources to turn them into reality.
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.