Salary Band: Dependent on experience
Reporting to: Warehouse Site Manager
Beer Hawk is the UK’s leading online retailer of specialty beers and ales, based in Leeds West Yorkshire. We pride ourselves on delivering the World’s best beer to thirsty homes across Britain and have experienced rapid sales growth since our launch in 2012. Having had an exceptional 5 years in “start-up” mode, Beer Hawk was acquired by ZX Ventures – a global disruptive growth group, incubator and venture capital team backed by one of the largest multinational companies in the world, Anheuser-Busch InBev. This exceptional global backing gives us the best of both worlds: a northern eCommerce start-up with global insight and greater scope for career progression. As a result, Beer Hawk has been rapidly recruiting an exceptionally talented team to invest behind our future growth plans.
What you’ll be doing:
The Operations Manager organizes, coordinates and manages the flow of incoming and outgoing goods and ensures that inventory management is optimized. They are a person who guarantees the quality of service to our customers, while respecting health and safety standards. Possessing a good sense of the field, they are a real conductor of the operational teams. Their ability to listen, excellent human relations skills and their resilience enables them to coordinate the ops teams efficiently and effectively. This person has experience in working in a fast paced environment with quick and short deadlines. They are responsible for the improvement and implementation of new methodologies and technical improvements. They also have responsibility for performance by domain and for improving the VLC rate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Relationship with suppliers for machine maintenance where necessary
- Ensure that 100% of products in stock, are permanently available for sale
- Manages stakeholders by proactively keeping them informed of the operational on goings
- Is a visible role model on the warehouse floor, proactively spending time amongst the operation
Skills & experience you need to do the role:
- Commercial and customer satisfaction focus
- Considerable previous experience in successfully managing a warehouse including working with Warehouse Management Systems and process improvement
- High level of experience in Health & Safety Management
- High level of knowledge of MS Office – Excel in particular
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to interpret and analyse data, recognise trends and forecast
- Work as part of a team and contribute to improving processes and efficiencies
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong people management skills, ability to mentor
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous management experience in a similar role - must know goods in, production, and fulfilment.
The behaviours we know work:
- Self-starter. Keen to show initiative and can work without close direction. Committed and focused to improve the status quo you will be curious, demanding and set high standards for yourself and your team to achieve KPI’s and business initiatives
- You will be able to explain and set processes clearly and take people along with you on your vision for improvement of end to end operational experience across the warehouse
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
The best bed for better sleep