Investment Principal, Growth Equity Fund
We are looking for a seasoned investment professional who will source, lead, negotiate, and manage the ZX’s Growth Equity investments. This individual will is also be one of the main points of contact for portfolio companies, managing for existing deals and support existing investments through developing strategies to accelerate the growth of the businesses.
- Serve as a “Deal Captain” on all stages of investment, including deal origination, market analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, legal documentation, negotiation, and investment committee presentations.
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with senior venture team
- Support development of investment theses and generates investment opportunities or acquisition ideas.
- Develop an “informed perspective” of assigned sectors, including managing and building brand and relationships with: external companies in the marketplace, industry leaders and members of the internal ABI ecosystem.
- Support existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review, as well as providing operational advisory or connections to accelerate the growth of businesses
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Progressive experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, growth equity, or some combination of the above.
- Transaction experience is a must. You should possess the ability to oversee and manage the various workstreams of a deal; from legal, finance, tax, audit, technology, and company due diligence. We’re looking for candidates with significant deal experience.
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; “big picture” view with attention to detail is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong financial modelling capabilities / Professional Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Strong business acumen including operating experience or a deep network in ABI
- Direct or indirect exposure to the target industry is an asset but not required
Anheuser-Busch InBev is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies