ZX Ventures is a global incubator, operator, and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev. We are a small army of futurists, dreamers, doers, designers, engineers, scientists, marketers, brewers, builders, and data geeks. From operating leading craft breweries, eCommerce sites, technology products and retail operations to investing in innovative third-party companies, ZX Ventures is accelerating the future. With offices in over 10 countries, the opportunities are as vast and diverse as our team of professionals.
‘Biobrew’ is a technology platform area in ZX Ventures that is exploring opportunities to apply our core fermentation and industrial-scale processing expertise beyond beer. The role of ‘Laboratory Technician Specialist’ is responsible for developing & executing bio-process technical projects within the BioBrew team. Both USP (Upstream Processing) & DSP (Downstream Processing) aspects will be covered in this role, but with an increased emphasis on USP systems development (bio-product & biotechnology fermentations) and/or operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting (& helping design) bioreactor fermentation experiments, with responsibility for preparing & operating bioreactors (bench-scale up to small-scale Pilot).
- Sample collection from bioreactors for analyses to track fermentations.
- Bench-top DSP operation for product recovery.
- Collecting, processing & evaluating data from bioreactor runs, & compiling routine research reports contributing to the optimization of fermentation processes.
- Preparation of required media & reagents.
- Perform preventative maintenance, instrument calibration, equipment testing & routine trouble-shooting work.
- Support with writing & reviewing operational SOP’s, work instruction & maintenance records.
- Support with the installation, commissioning and/or upgrading of fermentation & lab facilities to enhance existing capabilities.
- Degree in biotechnology, microbiology, bio-engineering, chemical engineering/technology, life-sciences or biology.
- 1+ years’ experience in an academic or industrial laboratory working with bioreactors (with familiarity of bioreactor control software), handling microbial cultures & aseptic technique.
- Experience in a demanding technical development and/or operational environment (preferably brewery/food/biotech/biopharma manufacturing) would be a distinct advantage.
- Advanced degree (e.g. PhD) in a relevant field would be a distinct advantage.
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos