Salary Band: Dependent on experience Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Operations
What you’re doing
The Warehousing team at Beer Hawk is growing! Over the past 12 months our warehouse has grown rapidly as we react to customer demands and we are now needing to recruit new team members to help support and ensure our continued growth.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, this role is responsible for the full Warehouse Operation, based at TL2 (Leeds), this role provides management and leadership to the warehouse & distribution team and operation. This role manages the Ops Manager, Health & Safety Manager and the Support Manager – indirectly managing the entire operational team. The role of the Warehouse Site Manager is to ensure the day-to-day running of the warehouse, by making sure all of our deliveries are carried out smoothly & reliably; that all of our orders are processed in accordance with the SLA, stock levels are accurate and monitored and our KPI’s are met. In addition the role works closely with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure proactive compliance to H&S.
This role works closely with all teams within Beer Hawk and you will therefore be able to appropriately manage constraints and expectations of stakeholders. A key focus initially for this role will be working on improving performance, following a considerable period of growth. You will be designing and leading the creation of action plans to reduce costs, lead times and stock to satisfy customers. Focus will be given to deploying Lean concepts including pull-flow organisations. You will be working on the development of new service providers, increasing site automation and strategy development. You are responsible for maintaining and increasing performance and working towards improving the VLC rate.
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have excellent People Management skills. You will be able to coordinate and organise your team to be efficient and effective. You are experienced in working in fast paced environments and building up warehouse operations and processes from the ground up. As a leader, you are able to create an excellent working environment that empowers team members and builds engagement at all levels. You are a true team member who embraces the Beer Hawk values.
Reporting to the Head of Operations key responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for the entire operation including the support department
- You are able to ensure warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements are met as you have excellent knowledge of relevant existing and new legislation; encouraging adherence to legislative, ABI and Beer Hawk requirements and leading your team on actions required
- You will be responsible for achieving financial objectives including preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions
- Lead employee retention & engagement activity for warehousing
- With your team, take ownership for warehouse operative onboarding by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees working with the People Team to ensure legislative compliance and best practice
- Builds a culture of excellence by coaching, appraising and developing employees where possible and disciplining employees when necessary
- You will safeguard the warehouse operation and our people by ensuring a safe working environment is maintained
- You will act as a champion for safety and ensure regular inspections take place to assess equipment and infrastructure on site – acting as the escalation point for any concerns from your team
- Participate in annual people cycles including performance reviews with your team
- Identify and address opportunities or risks within the warehouse to help support Beer Hawk with its continued growth plans
- Take pride in your team’s excellence and work with your team to reduce errors and maximise efficiencies
- Build a culture that ensure team members are encouraged to care about Beer Hawk and its ongoing success, with employees wellbeing focus on
- Work in line with agreed budgets and ensure any additional spending is justified
- Understand and measure your teams productivity and work with the wider teams to ensure KPI’s are met
- You will be making decisions regarding both safety and operational decisions, therefore experience managing within a warehousing environment is essential to this role
Skills & Experience you need to do the role:
- Proven experience working as Leader within Warehousing is essential to this role
- Able to effectively communicate with all stakeholders from Warehouse Operatives to the Board.
- Experience with building up sites and operations from the ground up and implementing all surrounding activity around this
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, e-comm environment
- It is essential that you are a confident and skilled people manager
- Able to follow best practices and guidelines to ensure fairness and consistency
- You are able to plan and organise by work and people
- Able to motivate a team, showing great leadership qualities to get the best from your team
- Comfortable with using IT e.g. Laptops, Word, Excel, Slack, WMS
- You are able to understand, manipulate and interpret data and information to ensure you make the appropriate decisions
- Experience of delivering constructive feedback and addressing potentially challenging situations
- You have excellent communication skills
- Able to identify and solve problems as they occur
- Demonstrate a positive attuite, able to work flexibility and able to work under pressure to meet peak requirements
- Demonstrate role model behaviours at all times and act with great integrity whilst living the Beer Hawk Values
- You are self-motivated and have the determination to continuously improve and succeed
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.