BEER HAWK - Marketing Manager
ZX Ventures, Remote with travel to Leeds
Brewing up the future, today.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Head of Performance
Beer Hawk is the UK’s leading online retailer of craft beer. Our mission is to inspire everyone to discover their next favourite beer, and we pride ourselves on how well we deliver the world’s best craft beer to thirsty homes across Britain. We launched in summer 2012, and have experienced 9 years of staggering growth.
We’re held together by our 4 core values:
1) We’re down to earth
2) We always make it better
3) We get on with it
4) We give a shit!
Beer Hawk was acquired by ZX Ventures in 2016 – a global disruptive growth group, incubator and venture capital team backed by one of the largest multinational companies in the world, Anheuser-Busch InBev. In our opinion, this exceptional global backing gives us the best of both worlds: A northern E-Commerce start-up with global insight and potential career progression.
- We are looking for a Marketing Manager who will support the delivery of our Marketing and Campaign strategies. Working in a small but growing digital team you’ll report into the Head of Performance.
- You’ll have the opportunity to not only help drive our strategy but shape the Beer Hawk brand bringing campaigns to life.
- This role will see you support the entire marketing team execute campaigns while still taking ownership of key channels and driving these forward.
- PR, Affiliates. Partnerships and Influencers are all areas you’d be responsible for in ensuring your channels support the wider commercial goals, all the while striving to grow and improve the Beer hawk brand.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help drive the digital strategy, adding key strategic input into wider campaigns on how to best utilize digital channels.
- Use all the tools available to us to grow brand reach and awareness
- Working with our PR agency to plan and execute campaigns around key events
- Help manage our social media presence across a range of channels
- Working with key publishers, B2B partners and social influencers to bring campaigns to live
- Support our affiliate program working both within the platform and arranging extra exposure with publishers
- Identifying new marketing opportunities to help drive our KPI’s
- Supporting the wider marketing team with activations when needed - supporting the Paid Social and CRM teams with campaign set up
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous marketing or brand experience, either in-house or agency side
- A broad background in marketing channels
- Confident communicator, working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Be highly organised to manage multiple campaigns and projects at once
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Ability to effectively prioritise your workload and work with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of beer beneficial but not necessary
- Previous background in paid marketing would be beneficial but not necessary
- Confident in presenting new ideas and challenging the status quo to business owners
The behaviours we know work
- Being a true self-starter. Beer Hawk & ZX are proud of the speed at which our business moves so we like to work with those who are willing to be a part of the our fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is inherently curious - you know how to ask questions to get to the heart of the matter.
- Skills and experience are great but what’s crucial is enthusiasm for the role and the ability to embody Beer Hawk’s values.
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.