Supply Team - Inventory DP Manager
ZX Ventures, Remote with travel to Leeds
Brewing up the future, today.
Supply Team - Inventory DP Manager
Salary band: 45k-50k Job type: Permanent
Based: Remote, with 1 day a week in Leeds Office LS9 0SE
Reporting to: Head of Supply Marie-Clare Thornton
Beer Hawk is the UK’s leading online retailer of craft beer. Our mission is to inspire everyone to
discover their next favourite beer, and we pride ourselves on how well we deliver the world’s
best craft beer to thirsty homes across Britain. We launched in summer 2012, and have
experienced 9 years of staggering growth.
We’re held together by our 4 core values:
1) We’re down to earth
2) We always make it better
3) We get on with it
4) We give a shit!
Beer Hawk was acquired by ZX Ventures in 2016 – a global disruptive growth group, incubator
and venture capital team backed by one of the largest multinational companies in the world,
Anheuser-Busch InBev. In our opinion, this exceptional global backing gives us the best of both
worlds: A northern E-Commerce start-up with global insight and potential career progression.
What you’ll be doing
- Own demand forecasting for e-commerce channel and support B2B forecasting for bottles & cans and packaging, working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage the S&OP process, review historical data and current sales trends, demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Work with the wider team on risks to the demand plan as part of S&OP
- Identify slow moving / at risk stock and work with buying & commercial teams to limit obsolescence
- Create monthly inventory projection 12 months out
- Help Heads of Supply and Ops on warehouse capacity projects
- Help the data team develop forecasting tools required, bringing a vision of what the demand planning process should look like
- Work cross functionally in 'scrum'
Skills & Experience you need to do the role:
- Significant experience of inventory analysis, demand planning and S&OP at a managerial level
- Ability to problem solve, support and collaborate with other team members effectively.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with complicated combinations of child sku's and BBDs
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion.
- Experience using functionalities of an ERP or Stock Management System
- Experience in people management advantageous
- Industry knowledge advantageous
The behaviours we know work
- Being a true self-starter. Beer Hawk are proud of the speed at which our business moves so we like to work with those who are willing to be a part of our fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is inherently curious - you know how to ask questions to get to the heart of the matter.
- Skills and experience are great but what’s crucial is enthusiasm for the role and the ability to embody Beer Hawk’s values.
Beer Hawk Limited. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8118833
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.