Investment Associate, Growth Equity Fund
At ZX, our mission is to empower Entrepreneurs to achieve exponential growth. We were created by AB InBev in 2015 with a mandate to nurture, support, and grow the products and services of tomorrow – to build the future of our business, our industry and our world.
Today, we build, grow and invest in businesses across industries that push the boundaries of AB InBev’s business and innovate to create new ones based on ever-changing consumer needs. We invest ahead of the curve and have a track record of success in direct-to-consumer businesses, beverage brands, and circular ventures.
We’re looking for an Investment Associate to join our Growth Equity Fund in NY. In this role, you’ll be responsible for deal sourcing, analyzing specific companies for investment, executing on due diligence, and partnering with our ZX portfolio companies.
ZX Ventures is proud to be a Level 1 Certified Diversity VC partner. We're committed to increasing diversity, inclusion, and the participation and advancement of women and underrepresented individuals in the VC industry. Women and individuals from Underrepresented Groups are encouraged to apply.
Source Prospective Investments & Evaluate Deals
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments by working with management teams, industry experts, and other third party advisors; perform industry and competitive analysis
- Preparation of investment committee materials and presenting ideas to the Growth Equity Fund and the IC
- Assist in all aspects of execution and financing of a transactions
- Build the ZX Network; outreach with potential investments, other VC and Growth Equity firms, and founders
Financial Analysis & Stakeholder Management
- Perform valuation analysis via financial modelling
- Develop and help implement strategies for specific portfolio companies to increase revenue, improve operations, strengthen financial controls, and increase shareholder value
- Provide ongoing monitoring of assets in the fund’s portfolio & prepare internal presentation materials
- 2+ years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity)
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including Powerpoint experience
- Demonstrated facility in all financial aspects of transaction related work is an asset
Anheuser-Busch InBev is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About ZX Ventures
ZX Ventures is a global incubator and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's leading global brewer. ZX is a smaller, nimble group that is part of AB InBev and is dedicated to investing in and developing new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs.
Our goal is to make products, services and technologies that bring people together to celebrate and share great times, and to offer the world what it hasn’t yet even imagined.
ZX Ventures’ unparalleled access to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s research, technology and distribution networks allows us to have a deep understanding of products and what the consumer wants, as well as to anticipate and meet what their needs will be in the future.
Be a Better ZX Ventures Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at ZX Ventures when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about ZX Ventures? Visit ZX Ventures's website.
The best bed for better sleep