Zype's Product and Engineering team is focused on reducing friction and simplifying the complex video delivery supply chain. We want to constantly deliver better value and higher quality user experiences as our solution achieves scale. We care about delighting our customers in small and large ways throughout the product. We look inwards, to our customers, to drive innovation, while always keeping an open mind for new growth opportunities.
Zype is looking for a talented Front-end Developer who is passionate about shipping amazing user experiences. As a Front-end Developer, you’ll partner closely with our product, design and backend engineering teams to deliver elegant, user-friendly interfaces and products.
You’ll work on a number of exciting products and interfaces, including our web video player and web embeddables products, SaaS platform software, microservice interfaces, split testing marketing pages, and much more. The ideal candidate is motivated by delivering high quality experiences, can work supremely well in a team context but can also function with some ambiguity, and cares a lot about learning, growth, and moving the needle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the UX/UI design team to prototype and build high fidelity user interfaces
- Work closely with Back-end engineers to implement clean, maintainable code
- Partner with Product Managers & QA to ensure product requirements are met and we’re delivering value to customers
- Rigorously device and browser-test your implementations
- Research new technologies for engaging user interactions, experiences, and data visualizations
- Communicate well, effectively manage time, and deliver against deadlines
- 2+ years professional experience as a Front-end developer
- Strong conviction for usability, customer-focused design, and web standards
- Experience integrating APIs into web products
- Experience with React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience developing for and testing across multiple browsers and devices on the mobile and desktop spectrum
- Experience using git in a collaborative setting
- Experience partnering with UI/UX designers on user interfaces / interactions
- You speak some Node.js, Ruby on Rails, or Python
- Familiarity with DOM manipulation
- MongoDB or NoSQL experience
- Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Experience working in agile development team
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience in video players and/or video publishing a HUGE plus
- Exposure to video.js is awesome
Zype is the video distribution service for OTT. We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, content owners can own and accelerate all aspects of video distribution direct to consumer.
The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, enterprise content owners and brands can own and accelerate all aspects of their video distribution pipeline. The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
Want to learn more about Zype? Visit Zype's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product Design
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Robinhood, Palo Alto
Data Engineer - Merchant Support
Software Engineer - Platform - New College Graduate
Helix, San Carlos
Engineering Leader - Ads Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer, Microsoft Applications (Senior/Staff/Principal)
Okta, Bellevue, WA