Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Zype, New York, NY
Zype is the video distribution service for OTT
Zype's Product and Engineering team is focused on reducing friction and simplifying the complex video delivery supply chain. We want to constantly deliver better value and higher quality user experiences as our solution achieves scale. We care about delighting our customers in small and large ways throughout the product. We look inwards, to our customers, to drive innovation, while always keeping an open mind for new growth opportunities.
You’ll work on a number of exciting products and interfaces, including our web video player and web embeddables products, SaaS platform software, microservice interfaces, split testing marketing pages, and much more. The ideal candidate is motivated by delivering high quality experiences, can work supremely well in a team context but can also function with some ambiguity, and cares a lot about learning, growth, and moving the needle.
- Have a passion for writing scalable code, efficiently, at a high quality level.
- Participate in defining, refining and communicating software requirements
- Partner with Product Managers & QA to ensure product requirements are met and we’re delivering value to customers
- Work well with local and remote team members
- Touch all aspects of development and operations, design, build, testing, deployment.
- Applied experience with Ruby on Rails at the intermediate to master level
- Know SQL, Git, and working with APIs
- Know AWS and how to deploy your own code (and not just to Heroku)
- Have conviction around integration unit testing
- Experience in Test Driven Development and focus on quality and scale
- Experience using a continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
- Experience with video streaming a huge plus
- Computer science degree or 2+ years professional software development experience
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL, especially MongoDB
- Experience with data analytics and visualization
- Experience developing using a microservice architecture
- Experience working in agile development team
- Experience in video players and/or video publishing a HUGE plus
Zype is the video distribution service for OTT. We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, content owners can own and accelerate all aspects of video distribution direct to consumer.
The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, enterprise content owners and brands can own and accelerate all aspects of their video distribution pipeline. The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
Want to learn more about Zype? Visit Zype's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Vehicle Safety
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Java (Core SaaS Infrastructure)
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Software Engineer, Options Trading Platform (Python)
Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)
Principal Client Technologist
Cloud Technology Partners, Boston, MA
Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)