Head of Talent
New York, NY
Zype is growing and we are seeking a Head of Talent. This role will focus on discovering, sourcing, and advising, and closing on new talent additions to the Zype team. The Head of Talent will be a strategic thought leader that will develop a vision for talent acquisition and execute on it as a partner to hiring managers across various teams at Zype. The role will also be involved in talent retention, helping us maximize the impact from great talent we’re adding to the team. This is a key HR leadership position reporting into our CEO in Manhattan, NY.
About the Head of Talent Job
As a key member of the leadership team, this individual will need to closely partner with stakeholders across the organization. You will be tasked with delivering core talent acquisition services and with taking a true partnership approach to your work. You will provide objective advice regarding complex issues, create a streamlined approach to talent acquisition, and coach your team and other leaders on best practices in Talent Acquisition. You will also be supporting team-wide efforts in maximizing output and value from acquired talent by supporting and eventually leading talent retention initiatives.
You will be successful in the role if you…
Talent attraction, acquisition, and retention are key gatekeepers to ensuring our culture thrives and the business succeeds. Your success will be measured in building out a repeatable talent acquisition process that produces a diverse talent funnel and hires that fit with our team and create long lasting value for the company. Ideally you’ll have a minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in managing recruiting for a variety of roles in a technology-focused company. You also will have had significant exposure to senior leadership and have managed other high performing team members. Ideally you also have some experience and interest in working on talent retention initiatives. Must be proficient in the use of business software (Excel, KeyNote, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with HR & Recruiting Systems and reporting tools.
About the Role
- Build strong relationships within the organization to be able to understand and execute effective hiring funnels
- Analytics and Metrics: Pull together all available data from tools such as Greenhouse (ATS) and Google Analytics to educate and share insights to the business leaders. Establish goals and KPIs to drive success.
- Continue to drive Diversity and Inclusion: Build and refine structures and processes that help mitigate bias in hiring.
- Employer Branding: Build a cohesive Talent Acquisition vision encompassing the branding/attraction of diverse, values-aligned talent at all levels (campus to executive).
- Partner with Finance to implement strategies and tools for headcount planning.
- Identify cost effective, high quality hiring channels for building talent pipelines for each key area of the business.
- Help establish proactive pipelining of talent for succession planning which should include an internal mobility strategy as well as looking for external key hires.
- Over time partner with leadership and key stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve talent retention, including developing training, development, and growth programs to maximize employee production and increase happiness / job satisfaction
- Strive for operational excellence: evolve internal processes, ensuring consistent candidate experience, job descriptions, interview techniques, and evaluate/develop/train the tools/vendors for the team.
- Have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Are data-driven and operationally focused
- Proven track record of creating and building a dynamic team
- Are a creative self starter who is scrappy and resourceful
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Are a team player with positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Are detail-oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Are an analytical problem solver with experience and proven accomplishments in fast-paced environments
- Adept at and comfortable managing through frequent change.
- Have the ability to take ownership and accountability for work and manage a team to deliver results
Zype builds video distribution software. We are solving the problem of making it easy and automated for anyone to distribute and make money from video content, while preserving their rights and without censorship.
The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
Our HQ is in NYC on West 28th Street, with teams in LA, Austin, and Buenos Aires. We offer competitive salaries, equity incentives, and comprehensive benefits. Read about our core values and how we hire to learn more about us. Zype is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, enterprise content owners and brands can own and accelerate all aspects of their video distribution pipeline. The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.