Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
We are looking for a Latin America or US based Senior Software Engineer excited about content management, APIs, cloud computing, and video to join our remote engineering team building out the infrastructure for digital video.
What's exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- Our majestic core monolith is in Ruby on Rails 5.1.7, Ruby 2.6.6 and MongoDB 4.0
- Buuuut we don't only do Ruby or Ruby on Rails, we have new (micro)services using NodeJS, GoLang and Sinatra.
- And we don't only use MongoDB, other services use a MySql and Postgre.
- We have our own amazing Infrastructure team and we love them ❤️!
- Our infrastructure is running mostly in Google Cloud leveraging Kubernetes and Docker. We also have some services running in AWS using SQS, Lambda, EC2 and ECS
- We use Terraform to handle resources lifecycle in AWS and GCP.
- We use CircleCI as our continuous integration and delivery platform. CircleCI runs specs and makes the deployment for us!!
- Create and negotiate story cards in collaboration with team
- Participate in a software development process that includes 3 week sprints, daily standups and heavy use of JIRA
- Design, author and ship user facing dashboard and developer facing APIs using Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- Participate software architecture discussions & write software architecture documentation
- Review and edit engineering and user facing documentation
What you will need:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby and Rails, as well as related development and testing tools, with 3+ years in a senior role on a team
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, and related foundational web protocols and RFCs
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable with using video and online collaboration tools
- Experience with video transcoding and video players a big plus
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team that is planning to grow by 60% in 2021 to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a durable mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, enterprise content owners and brands can own and accelerate all aspects of their video distribution pipeline. The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
Want to learn more about Zype? Visit Zype's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price