Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
What’s exciting about this role:
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Noida, India. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, the person will be responsible for owning the Quality Assurance of assigned product areas end to end.
This role also helps Zype establish robust processes and practices that allow the whole engineering team to be able to deliver better quality products. Person in this role becomes an integral part of the quality team assisting other team members and taking on challenges head on to provide the best possible results.
What’s exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- Our apps are supported on a variety of platforms including iOS, tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon, Amazon TV, Roku, Web and various CTVs like LG/Samsung/XBox/Vizio etc.
- We have our own amazing App creator, backend and infrastructure teams and we love them ❤️ !
- We have years of experience in building world class products catered to various mobile and OTT devices and we take pride in it.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with your technical lead/manager on current testing tasks.
- Collaborate with other team members to test features and products.
- Effective contribution in Sprints, product and team collaboration.
- Review product specs to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Write good descriptive scope/test plan and test cases for the features product areas owned
- Work in close coordination with the development team and PM to ensure timely delivery of features with the highest quality
- Champion the cause of the end-user throughout the lifecycle of a release by advocating bug fixes as and when needed
- Monitor product/feature performance after implementation to ensure efficiency and report any variance and obtain approval for acceptance of the variance.
- Conduct sanity tests with the production environment systems/replicas.
- Own the quality of the feature set and show an attitude of responsibility and ownership towards the quality. Report any doubts/concerns immediately that could have an impact on the release.
- Be active on internal communication channels/forums and proactively take questions on areas/features owned and replying to them in the shortest possible time
- Create test tools that facilitate and automate repetitive manual tests.
- Strive to automate as much as possible of the test cases created
- Provide support to the Partner success team to ensure that the live environment continues to run smoothly with minimal downtime.
- Adhere to Product Development Process.
- Report the team progress about your work in the written form weekly to your manager.
What you will need:
- 4+ years working as a QA engineer
- Experience working with SaaS environments
- Experience working with REST API related testing. (Postman or similar tools)
- Understanding of software testing concepts and processes.
- Understanding of methodologies, types of tests, and testing tools.
- Excitement to work both independently and collaboratively in a high-growth, dynamic and startup environment.
- Eagerness to learn and expand technical knowledge to become proficient in Zype technologies and services.
- Experience working with remote / offshore / onsite teams
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experienced in Mobile testing and OTT testing will be an advantage
- 1+ years working with automation frameworks (for Mobile/OTT apps)
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a durable mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
Read more about becoming a Zypester, how we live by our Core Values and invest in our team with awesome benefits at http://www.zype.com/careers.
We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, enterprise content owners and brands can own and accelerate all aspects of their video distribution pipeline. The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
Want to learn more about Zype? Visit Zype's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.