Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
Mission of the Role:
We are looking for someone who has broad experience developing and optimizing complex Roku applications using Brightscript SDK. The mission of this role is to ensure that we are delivering the world class Video content consumption experience to our partners/customers on Roku devices with new features and innovation. We must keep up the pace to keep our partners ahead in the race of changes in technology and demand.
What’s exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- Our apps are supported on a variety of platforms including iOS, tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon, Amazon TV, Roku, Web and various CTVs like LG/Samsung/XBox/Vizio etc.
- We have our own amazing App creator, backend and infrastructure teams and we love them ❤️ !
- We have years of experience in building world class products catered to various mobile and OTT devices and we take pride in it.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with your technical lead/manager on current development tasks.
- Effective contribution in Sprints, product and team collaboration.
- Collaborate with other team members, learn and be involved in the product
- Review product specs to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and can be implemented rightly in predictable time.
- Write scalable and maintainable code keeping best practices in mind
- Work in close coordination with the development team, testing team and PM to ensure timely delivery of features with the highest quality
- Own the product repository and show an attitude of responsibility and ownership towards the code quality.
- Be active on internal communication channels/forums and proactively take challenges on areas/features owned with test team to help our partners getting it resolved as early as possible
- Strive to automate as much as possible for every redundant activity
- Provide support to the Partner success team to ensure that the live environment continues to run smoothly with minimal downtime.
- Adhere to Product Development Process.
- Report the team progress about your work in the written form weekly to your manager.
What you will need:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Has experience of BrightScript SDK 9 or Plus
- Experience with Scene Graph
- Experience/ Knowledge of App Development in any TV/OTT platform.
- Strong debugging skills using command line tools.
- Hands on with any scripting language (Perl, Python, Shell Script) is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of multimedia formats and video codecs is a plus.
- Must have experience with Git and integrating RESTful web services.
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high quality projects done quickly.
- Be able to write elegant, readable and well documented code.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Experience working with SaaS environments
- Eagerness to learn and expand technical knowledge to become proficient in Zype technologies and services.
- Experience working with remote / offshore / onsite teams
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a lasting mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
Read more about becoming a Zypester, how we live by our Core Values and invest in our team with awesome benefits at http://www.zype.com/careers.
We are dedicated to making it easy for content owners to connect directly with their audiences on every screen. With Zype, enterprise content owners and brands can own and accelerate all aspects of their video distribution pipeline. The Zype cloud service provides publishing, monetization, streaming, audience management, and analytics software that is integrated into hundreds of web, mobile, and OTT apps and engaged by millions of viewers every month.
Want to learn more about Zype? Visit Zype's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.