Finalist Program: Jr. DevOps @ Flow Traders
What is Finalist?
Finalist by Uncubed is the #1 tech career community for high-potential college students.
Finalist is Uncubed’s exclusive talent network for accomplished students at state, public, and diversity-focused private colleges and universities.
All applications are guaranteed to be reviewed by a human on a first-come / first-served basis.
Approved applicants from this program will be fast-tracked for full-time Jr. DevOps Engineer roles at Flow Traders.
How It Works:
1) Use the unique Jr. DevOps link to apply to the Finalist x Flow Traders program.
2) First, you’ll receive your Finalist status.
3) Then, you’ll receive your “match” status for the Jr. DevOps role at Flow Traders.
4) Next, you’ll need to log in and provide additional information.
5) Last, you’ll be notified about advancing to a phone screen with Flow Traders.
You’ll be notified via email along each step in the process. Keep a lookout in your inbox, and spam folder. You can reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions or haven’t heard back within 7 days.
Role & Company:
Jr. DevOps Engineer at Flow Traders. Flow Traders is a publicly traded fintech company with 500+ employees. Founded in 2004, they currently manage $1.2 billion in ETP (exchange traded products) value.
What You’ll Do:
- Respond to technical issues for in-house trading applications
- Optimize trading application infrastructure by improving existing automation tools and developing new ones
- Write code to improve tech stack and systems for managing, monitoring, and configuring Flow’s infrastructure
- Analyze or escalate exchange-related issues
- Implement new exchange connections
- Monitor and document trading applications and IT infrastructure components
- Collaborate with developers to design new and improved in-house applications
- Graduation date in 2019, 2020, or 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with scripting languages Python and Bash
- Basic networking-related skills (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Knowledge of technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, HDFS is a plus
- The recruitment process will take place virtually due to COVID-19, but this position will be required to report in-person to the New York City office.
- There is a relocation reimbursement program to help with moving expenses, if needed.