Do you want to learn how to change the world? Join a startup as it goes from an idea to a team of 40 people and $50M in funding. You will be working primarily with the founding and core team and will have great opportunity to learn learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!
At Affect Mental Health
, we’re building a non-profit Y combinator(startup incubator) to help entrepreneurs build breakthrough products in mental health. We will produce products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google in mental health. Read more about 3 of many different early stage concepts we've incubated; The 1,000 Journeys Project
, where we collect mental health stories to map out where transformative products can have the most impact. Meet Malik
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities with expertise in fields such as healthcare economics, user experience design, molecular neuroscience, and computational biology. Two years ago, our CEO experienced the two most transformative months of his life participating in this program. He started with zero business experience and learned how to figure out what product to build, how to build it, and how to construct business models. At the end of the program, he raised $10M to start his company. By joining us, you will hopefully gain these superpowers!
The Social Media Intern will contribute to managing our presence across all our digital platforms. They will have an understanding of social media management and appreciate the types of content that inspire online audiences to engage, share and take action. They will be an experienced copy editor who possess a strong editorial compass and is highly organized with an ability to plan effectively. This position will report to the Director of Development.
- Own and manage the digital editorial calendar and publish content
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Digital team to build and execute an effective content strategy that increases views, engagement and donations
- Work with in-house and external designers to prepare and publish imagery for web and social media use
- Work with colleagues to analyze performance data and use results to inform future content development
- Actively engage with our online community by responding to, sharing, and commenting on posts
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Deeply passionate about mental health and committed to our mission of accelerating mental health solutions
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge and deep love of digital and social media landscape
- Interest in other digital formats including images and video content
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
NB: This position is unpaid. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships.
About Affect Mental Health
We seek to harness contemporary innovations in science and technology to address the challenges of stigma, access, and quality of mental healthcare.
Affect provides the best entrepreneurs and product professionals the protected time and resources they need to build products and services on a global scale. By providing these resources, we will empower, support and nurture a community to accelerate mental healthcare solutions.
Our ambition is to build sustainable enterprises unafraid of transforming traditional approaches to mental health.