SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast, making a difference, and venture capital funded. With over 4,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, SAM Labs is looking for more talent to join its team!
SAM Labs inspires generations of problem solvers with Coding and STEAM. We empower teachers with innovative curriculum resources, tools, and the mindset to do so. Teachers and students learn with SAM Labs kits and lessons by designing anything from energy efficient lighting grids for ‘smart’ cities to solar-powered habitats for endangered species - all the while meeting curriculum standards.
We are looking for an Education Consultant in Philadelphia to grow our customer base to its full potential while nurturing our existing, and inspiring, clients.
To set you up for success, we have researched and analysed exhaustively which regions, districts, and schools would respond positively to Coding and STEAM. Using a data driven approach, we have also refined a process maximizing your chances of success. Your role will be directly supported by a local team consisting of a Territory Representative and an Inside Sales Representative. The Global team will be supporting your success every step of the way as well.
Driven by passion, data, and collaboration, we’re on a mission to be the leading player in the future of education. As the Education Consultant, you will play a crucial role in our continued growth and success. This role will be based remote, from your home inside the territory, and covering your designated territory. Given that we have further teams across the USA, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, you will be working in a truly global environment.
At SAM Labs we are optimists. We value creativity, action, hard work, ownership, transparency and fun. If you do too, join us!
Educate (Pre-sales & Needs assessment)
- Speak effectively about SAM Labs and EdTech pedagogy to educators at all school and district role levels
- Reach the best balance of products and services support for clients to meet their educational goals and strategy
- Implement (Deployment & Onboarding)
- Consult and define customer implementation plans for SAM Labs, including accountability and success criteria
Help define timelines and help school/districts hold themselves accountable to them
- Support the teachers personally in their practice and help them gain confidence in EdTech - you might be giving the first SAM Labs lesson in front of their students
Support & Learning
- Reach out to existing and new clients to complete and further their implementation
- Encourage existing and prospective clients to reach out to you for any help, support, or thoughts
- Deliver Professional Development at school and district level
- Engage (Community & Nurturing)
- Draft, design, implement, and support educational strategies and goals for our clients
- Create and nurture a STEAM and Coding movement, a community, through regular events for community building and best-practice sharing and through communication (slack, facebook, whatsapp, email)
- Gain customer insights from visiting schools, exhibitions, sales conferences, workshops and launch events contributing to longer term product development
- Share successes with the rest of the Sales and Success team to improve our collective performance and share knowledge
Work closely with the product teams to improve products, based on feedback from the market
- Have taught STEAM in Elementary, Middle, or High School for at least 3 years in the past 5 years.
- Have the relevant credentials and certifications
- Are comfortable organising and running community and teaching events for students, teachers, educators at all levels in and outside a classroom
- Are passionate about the direct K-12 school market and are always ready to go the extra mile
- Motivated by supporting ambitious quarter on quarter sales growth for a start-up in scale up mode
- Are well connected within the Philadelphia Education sector
- Have an agile, data-driven, approach and thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up
- Are able to be highly strategic, yet also roll up your sleeves and do things out of your own initiative
- Are comfortable using multiple data systems to interpret and gain actionable insights, drill into detail, use logic and assumptions to overcome ambiguity and complexity to deliver practical solutions
- Are willing to travel every day across Philadelphia
- Have excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
- Are able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Are experienced in and/or have a passion for Ed Tech
- Are an even stronger candidate if you have STEM knowledge, Education Technology knowledge, and Education Market knowledge
At SAM Labs we move at high speed and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and ownership. In addition to that we have created the following ‘more tangible’ benefits for you:
- 5days vacation + 4 days personal time + 6 days holiday + 1 day per year up to 20 max
- Sick days in line with statutory requirements
- Personal Development & Training allowance
- 401 K offered and company contribution towards medical, dental and sick leave.
We might request your presence during an Assessment Day in Dallas / Philadelphia / Houston in October/November