Director, Gene Therapy & Platform Marketing
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic diseases and cancer.
At bluebird bio we’re focused on Recoding for Life and empowering patients, caregivers and HCPs to make informed decisions about Gene Therapy. We’re looking for a Director, Gene Therapy & Platform Marketing who will be responsible for driving several key initiatives, including the strategy development and execution of Gene Therapy Education and Cross-Brand Patient Experience. In this role, you’ll use your deep scientific acumen, your passion for translating complex concepts into simple language, and your strong desire to bring transformational treatments to those suffering from severe genetic diseases and cancer.
About the role- How you will make your impact
- Lead strategy and execution of Gene Therapy educational materials supporting HCPs, Patients/Caregivers, and general audiences
- Leverage scientific understanding and marketing expertise to create scientifically sound, approachable and thoughtful materials for key audiences
- Drive cross-functional engagement and collaboration to develop materials required across various functions and stakeholders, and in partnership with global and regional marketing teams.
- Ensure and maintain tactical execution across all Gene Therapy and Platform Marketing materials is on strategy and aligned to the overall vision for bluebird
- Hire, lead and motivate direct report to support development and execution of deliverables across gene therapy and patient support initiatives
- Develop cross-brand patient engagement materials to support Patient Support programs across brands
- Collaborate with the Patient Services team to develop material to support patients and caregivers considering or proceeding with Gene Therapy
- Lead day-to-day direction of the agencies and marketing team members; Facilitate working group meetings, agency meetings and reviews
- Coordinate development and definition of detailed operating plan including project plans, descriptions, priorities, timing, and budget phasing for team
Requirements & Qualifications
- Passion for creating impactful patient/caregiver and HCP experiences
- Proven ability to lead, challenge, and inspire cross-functional teams to drive results
- Strong scientific acumen and ability to translate complex concepts into simple language
- Intense curiosity, deeply collaborative spirit, and penchant for complex problem solving
- Thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a history of success in driving multiple projects to completion concurrently
- Experience in hiring and managing a high-performing team
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA Preferred
- 10+ years in a marketing role at a biotech/pharmaceutical company, with experience in global roles preferred
- Ability to effectively lead agencies and other external partners in aligning and developing tactical plans and promotional materials that are aligned with brand strategy
Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself