Algolia provides the industry’s most powerful search and discovery SaaS platform, driving richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to over 6000 companies of all sizes. We are seeking passionate and industrious Senior Solutions Engineers ready to join a hyper-growth business and market to help evangelize and drive technical success with our solutions.
The Senior Solutions Engineer is a critical contributor and influencer in the go-to-market team, establishing strong partnership alignment within the sales and solutions organizations, playing a principal role in the revenue attainment on large opportunities, and driving success at the company, product, and customer level.
The Algolia Solutions Engineer delivers the technical win and product fit for prospects and customers, acting as trusted advisor in the sale and transition to ensure customer success in the post-sale. The Solution Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, works closely with Account Executives, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, overcomes objections, and offers creative and consultative solutions.
The Algolia Solution Engineer is both a highly technical product expert and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CTO or developing a prototype with the API in communication with customer software engineers. You get excited talking to engineers, product managers, and CTOs, and also know how to distill technical concepts to business value for all types of buyers.
The SE also is an important advocate for customer interests to product and engineering, creating compelling technical content, enabling other groups, and working on cross-company initiatives.
Our priorities are determined by a single question: what will help our customers be more successful with Algolia?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work with Sales Teams and Enterprises of all sizes on their evaluation and adoption of Algolia solutions
- Understand and qualify customer goals and architecture, and effectively articulate Algolia’s solutions to integrate and meet these goals.
- Provide leadership across the team with best practices of technical sales strategy and tactics.
- Own the technical campaign from qualified deal through eval to close, including POCs management and execution.
- Develop search applications leveraging the tools, frameworks, and partners of the Algolia ecosystem.
- Distill and advocate prospect and customer interests and needs bidirectionally with Algolia Product and Engineering
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the Search and Discovery space
- Work closely with Solution Architects and Customer Success teams on seamless transition to the post sales process to ensure highly successful onboarding.
- Create resources (blog posts, tutorials and other) to make Algolia more accessible to the world.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Obsessed with Solving Customer Problems
- 4-6 years experience in a customer-facing technical role (Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, consultant, PM), ideally in the SaaS B2B space.
- Experience working with diverse sets of sales and account teams, ideally in a revenue generating function (e.g. presales).
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Superior organizational skills working with multiple customers, with high attention to detail.
- Passion to work for a fast-paced, high growth SaaS startup
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience designing mockups / wireframes / UI using tools like Photoshop, SketchAppMobile programming experience
- A background in the search industry or e-commerce
- Specific knowledge in frameworks Magento, Shopify
- Knowledge in Analytics, SEO
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Algolia is the single best way to build search into your mobile app or website.
Founded in 2012, Algolia’s mission is to enable every developer & product team to build consumer-grade search. With their hosted search API, developers benefit from the power of a lightning-fast engine with out-of-the-box support for a typo-tolerant, as-you-type search experience.
Algolia strives to create a world-class developer experience & end-user experience. Using their API, Developers upload and sync the data they would like to make searchable. They can then configure relevance, including integrating business metrics like product popularity or likelihood to convert to a sale. Using front-end frameworks like InstantSearch, they can customize the search experience to create the perfect search experience for their users.