At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds! Algolia is leading the way in removing the frictional boundary between intent and content, providing industry grade search and discovery tools to drive richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to companies of all sizes. In this endeavor, we seek passionate and industrious Solutions Architects ready to join a hyper-growth business to drive technical success in product implementation and adoption. Solutions Architects sit within the Field Engineering Organization, chartered with driving technical success and adoption of our most strategic enterprise customers. The Algolia product is a powerful platform, but it is the implementation that propels the highest customer outcomes. Solutions Architects take responsibility in owning Algolia solution patterns and consultation as trusted advisors to the enterprise customer base. The Solutions Architect team is also a key driver in the creation and prioritization of the core product roadmap, enabling and ensuring our valued customers successfully leverage Algolia. Prototyping, developing and sharing unique tailored solutions via workshops and collateral - both internally and externally - helps both Algolia, and the depth of your own solution mastery. A key responsibility will be to lead, evaluate and contribute to our customer’s design efforts and advising customers on topics including vision, strategy and best practices for deployment of Algolia products, increasing adoption of Algoia products, and metrics for measuring the effectiveness of Algolia product deployments. An ideal background includes previous experience in a development and consulting role. The candidate is a seasoned professional with strong technical and business architecture experience to support the full Algolia product scope. Excellent relationship skills and the ability to partner across customer business units, other internal business units, and product teams will be critical to support delivery of expected outcomes.
THE ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Be a Trusted Advisor; engage with our customers’ technical architects and business stakeholders to provide high-quality technical solutions and product training to drive successful customer outcomes
- Link business processes with product technical solutions
- Execute delivery methodology to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive successful resolution
- Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain points
- Consult on architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practices
- Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment
- Engage in customer calls and on-site visits to help inform and align on product roadmaps for future partnership growth
- Aid in the development of detailed action plan, roadmap, prototype, final recommendation document, SM Action Plan and RetrospectivePartner with Success Management and Engagement Manager and other internal roles to understand project goals and deliverables
- Create and increase reusability of solutions content (blog posts, workshop tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects
- Build out tooling and/or collateral to help scale customer engagementInform and ultimately evolve product ecosystem by listening and advocating for customers technical needs
- Work with Engineering to track and resolve feature requests and bugs
- Meet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and disseminate internally and to customers as appropriate
YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Polished consulting skills: keen awareness of sensitive client topics capability to tactfully navigate and effectively address client messaging and recommendations
- 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack web developer:
- Recommended proficiency in a backend framework (i.e. node, Rails, Django, etc.)
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on project management of large and small initiatives
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high-level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively to both the technology and business communities
- Consistent history of business-building successes and passion for results
- Don’t think you fit 100% of the requirements? We’d still love to hear from you.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Backend/frontend mobile development
- Analytics, A/B testing
- Familiarity in relevant verticals
- E-commerce/SaaS/MediaProject management experience
- Experience within search domain and search-as-a-service companies
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
CARE- Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient.
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Algolia is the single best way to build search into your mobile app or website.
Founded in 2012, Algolia’s mission is to enable every developer & product team to build consumer-grade search. With their hosted search API, developers benefit from the power of a lightning-fast engine with out-of-the-box support for a typo-tolerant, as-you-type search experience.
Algolia strives to create a world-class developer experience & end-user experience. Using their API, Developers upload and sync the data they would like to make searchable. They can then configure relevance, including integrating business metrics like product popularity or likelihood to convert to a sale. Using front-end frameworks like InstantSearch, they can customize the search experience to create the perfect search experience for their users.