thredUP is the largest online marketplace for buying and selling like-new women’s and kids’ clothing. We are scaling up our distribution center operations to keep our website stocked with fresh inventory. That’s where our Distribution Team Members save the day.
What will I be doing as a Distribution Team Member?
Image Processing: Lights-camera-action! You will be styling and photographing all of the items that will be uploaded onto our website. Teamwork makes the dreamwork. In this role, you will be working seamlessly with others to ensure we are meeting our productivity goals.
Merchandising/Itemization (Inbound): Keeper of our closet. We can’t (and don’t!) accept every piece of used clothing that’s sent to us. You’ll be acting as quality control to keep our online inventory in tip-top shape. (Don’t worry — we teach you quality standards during training). Do you have strong attention to detail? Your skills will be critical in this role.
Pick/Pack (Outbound): Have you ever seen a closet that has over 500,000+ items in it? Guess what, now you can! You will be using state-of-the-art equipment to pick items to be shipped. You will also take packing to the next level! Take pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience by packaging each box with a presentation like you’ve never seen before.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- If you don’t like spending your days in a cubicle, this is the perfect position for you! You’ll be on your feet the entire shift. You must be able to bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
- Fly by the seat of your pants. Our processes are subject to change, so you need to be flexible and willing to adapt when things shift.
- iSavvy. This may not be a desk job, but you should be comfortable using touch screen computers, scanners, iPods, cameras, and similar devices with on/off switches and glowing screens.
- No “i” in team. You have worked with others in retail, warehousing, or similar fast-paced environments. Past coworkers would describe you as reliable and a team player.
- Look on the bright side. You work hard and stay positive, even on tough days. Devil is in the details. You pay attention and understand the importance of accuracy.
What’s the environment like?
- No forklifts, no hard hats, no steel-toed boots. This isn’t your typical warehouse job.
- No face-to-face customer interaction (But we are always thinking about ways to delight our customers).
- Silence is deadly (and boring). Plan on hearing music while you work. Trust us, it keeps things much more fun and lively.
- Dressing to the nines…isn’t necessary here. Wear what you need to be comfortable and productive in. Think jeans, t-shirts, and supportive closed-toe shoes.
Okay, show me the money...
Starting Pay: $15/hr for AM, $15.50/hr for all other schedulesLove a good sale. That’s right, we have an employee discount on our already discounted prices. Spend responsibly.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we believe diversity is key. As a diverse and inclusive workplace, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Everyone is welcome - be you.
Our legal team made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year criminal background check.
We are proud to say thredUP is an equal opportunity employer.