Ripple is a mission driven company enabling the world to move value tomorrow the way it moves information today. Ripple is transforming global payments systems through innovative uses of blockchain, digital assets and other new technology. Ripple is committed to leveraging its technology, financial resources and talented workforce to create social good at scale, through both its core business and Ripple Impact, its corporate social impact program.
Ripple Impact is helping to develop a more scalable, sustainable, ethical and inclusive global blockchain ecosystem by supporting education, research and technical innovation in blockchain and fintech through its flagship university partnerships program, the University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI). UBRI now includes more than 40 universities from nearly 20 countries worldwide.
As a Research Associate for Ripple Impact, you will play an instrumental role in helping to grow UBRI’s program, through both employee driven efforts and collaboration with leading universities.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be involved in delivering an innovative program at a great place to work with the potential to have a tremendous, positive impact globally.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with the head of the University Blockchain Research Initiative to ensure all partnerships are adequately supported and highly productive
- Monitor progress of research projects and track major UBRI developments and milestones of UBRI that effectively represent and share program success
- Identify and support subject matter experts and UBRI alma mater internally and connect to partners
- Be a champion for UBRI inside Ripple’s culture
- Educate global employees on regional partner highlights and connect them to opportunities to get involved with local faculty and students on projects or events
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Graduate degree in engineering field
- Experience in financial services / FinTech, including strong understanding of payments, blockchain, cryptocurrency and related fields
- Experience working within an engineering driven culture
- Strong literature review and data analysis skills with proficiency with metrics, tracking and reporting
- Ability to bring people together around a common goal and lead by example
- A passion for creating and sustaining connections between business, employees, academics and the community
- Exceptional communicator with strong writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to reach out, initiate and cultivate relationships with both internal and external contributors
- Experience bridging industry and academic worlds
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle / doing something new and innovative
- Enjoy mentoring and inspiring the people that you work with and see diverse teams as an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, India, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.