The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a critical part of our Visa Cloud platform strategy. As an Site Reliability Engineer, you have a mindset to maximize system availability through both proactive and reactive means: you build robust technical support and automation to eliminate or minimize incidents, as well as investigate and resolve issues in response to live incidents. You are comfortable working with software engineering teams and supporting their demanding needs to ensure the security, availability and performance of the platform. You will join an established Cloudview - Site Reliability Engineering team.
- You will identify and support all workflows performed via Visa Cloud Platform services (IaaS/PaaS/Kubernetes as a service)
- You will respond and resolve incidents, problem and user queries through proper analysis
- Rotating weekly SOW responsibilities, that involves daily troubleshooting of incidents to ensure SLAs and SLOs are met
- Partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services
- To tackle assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with a strong sense of urgency and attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems to troubleshoot issues
- Experience in CI/CD and related tools
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, including creating and running queries [MySQL and NOSQL]
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef/Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools and handle application/system alerts
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it!!
- 2+ years’ experience in Site Reliability or Production Engineering group for high availability/critical platforms/applications
- Experience of working with ITIL disciplines (Event, Incident, Problem, Change & CSI)
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- 24x7 on-call responsibilities may be required
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.