NYC Uncubed Attendee FAQ
- Is NYC Uncubed for me?
- What does my pass include?
- What is the schedule?
- What is the refund policy?
- What should I wear?
- Should I bring printed resumes?
- Will there be wifi? How about food?
- What are the companies hiring for?
- How do I make the most out of the event?
- Does Uncubed have a Code of Conduct Policy?
- Are there volunteer opportunities at NYC Uncubed?
- How do I get to the event space at Industry City?
Is NYC Uncubed for me?
NYC Uncubed is for those looking to learn from and work at some of today’s most exciting tech companies.
Uncubed is not for outside recruitment, soliciting, or business networking. Anyone engaged in these actions will be removed without a refund. We kindly ask that you respect our policy and our participating companies.
What does my pass include?
- Access to hiring companies,
- Access talks/demos — please refer to event communications on specifics
- Light snacks and beverages
What is the schedule?
Please refer to the event page and logistics emails for specific timing.
Please note that re-entry is allowed with your name badge.
What is the refund policy?
Full refunds are given for any reason at least 2 weeks in advance of the event. You can e-mail [email protected] to get the process started.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate any refunds within 2 weeks of the event.
What should I wear?
NYC Uncubed is a casual event. There is no dress code! Wear whatever you feel most comfortable in.
Please note that all attendees must wear their name badges at all times.
At registration, you will receive a name badge that indicates your skill set and the years of professional experience you indicated upon purchasing your pass.
Should I bring printed resumes?
We do suggest you bring hard copies of your resume with you. Every company is different. One may ask you to apply online, request a copy, invite you into the office the next day…you name it. Don’t be offended if a company rep gives you a business card instead of taking your resume as some prefer digital over paper.
Unsure of what a resume for a startup should look like? Take a look at The First 5 Things a Recruiter Sees on Your Resume only available on our digital online learning platform, Uncubed.com.
Will there be wifi? How about food?
There will not be wifi available. Please plan to download any pertinent items prior to the event.
Light snacks will be provided by our local product partners. If you’re looking for something more substantial, check out the spots in the neighborhood.
What are the companies hiring for?
We’ll have a list of available positions on our event app (download link for the event app will be available 1 week prior to the event).
Prior to that, please check the jobs pages’ of the attending companies to get a sense of their hiring needs.
How do I make the most out of the event?
- Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox for e-mails with all the latest event information.
- Know your companies! There’s nothing worse than asking what a company does….trust us. And remember that there are a lot of amazing companies that attend NYC Uncubed. Do your research, make your dream list, and then go forth!
- You’re not coming to a standard job fair. NYC Uncubed is a high energy event with music, talks, and lots of attendees. Have your story down and be prepared to talk about it!
- Download that event app (available for download 1 week prior to the event)! Besides your killer personality, there is no tool more useful.
Does Uncubed have a Code of Conduct Policy?
Yes, all guests must agree to the policy here: http://bit.ly/uncubedcodeofconduct
Are there volunteer opportunities at NYC Uncubed?
Yes! The FAQ and application to volunteer can be found here.
How do I get to the event space at Industry City?
Check out more detailed instructions here.