STEM20: A Multi-School Virtual Career Fair by Uncubed
FAQ AND EVENT GUIDE
★ READ TO SUCCEED! Please read through all of the available event information here, on the event page, and keep a close eye on your inbox for updates from the Uncubed team. By attending an Uncubed event, you agree to the Uncubed Code of Conduct. ★
How can I make the most out of the event?
- Complete your company profile before July 12. The profile will cover information about your company and open roles. We will use it to build your (virtual) event space.
- Plan to research attending companies in advance of the event. We’ll provide a brief on the company and open roles, but more research couldn’t hurt!
- Pro Tip: Applicants who know more about the company, product, and or development practices tend to do better in interviews than applicants who come in “cold”. You can check out social media channels, company blogs, or a company GitHub account to learn more about them.
What is the format, schedule and other event details?
- We’ll share an at-event guide with registered employers and job seekers the week of the event.
- This event page, stem20.uncubed.com, is updated as new information is available.
- In short, the event will start with content sessions and then move to networking. During networking, you will have the opportunity to connect via group video “round tables” or via text-based “chat rooms”.
Who can attend?
- Looking to grow the team with new hires starting ASAP through Spring 2021.
- All open roles for the event should be considered Early Professional, ranging from Internships to Entry Level positions in STEM and related fields.
- All companies are subject to fit by Uncubed and the event partners. We’ll be in touch with any questions or if we don’t feel this event will be a good fit for you.
- Companies can register before July 12 for the event at: stem20.uncubed.com
- Current students and recent graduates with a STEM focus from participating universities and programs.
- While the event is primarily for folks graduating 2020-2022, graduates and alumni from other years will also be accepted.
- Job seekers can apply before July 12 at: stem20.uncubed.com
- Uncubed works with a variety of universities and programs, many of which have a focus in STEM and related fields. If you’re interested in becoming a part of the community, please get in touch with the Uncubed team via the contact button on: stem20.uncubed.com
- Uncubed works with a variety of companies, many of which have a focus in STEM and related fields. If you’re interested in sponsoring an event (with all of the hiring company benefits and more) or becoming a part of the community, please get in touch with the Uncubed team via the contact button on: stem20.uncubed.com
As a company, how many representatives should attend the event?
- We’re currently encouraging companies to bring 4+ reps to the event.
- Attending team member’s emails will be captured during registration. The team member list can be adjusted up until the registration deadline: July 10, 2020 by connecting with the Uncubed team. We’ll be in touch, and you can always contact us at: [email protected].
- Your “event space” will include (at least) one video “round table” powered by Zoom and one text-based “chat room” powered by Slack.
- The video round tables and text-based chat will run concurrently, between 2:00pm – 5:00pm.
- We encourage you to bring 4+ team members, each responsible for a different component of the event.
- An example is as follows: 1 person leading Zoom Round Table, 1 person leading Slack, 1 person for 1:1 interviews, and 1 person to schedule and support.
As a company, what does my registration include?
Company registration is based on company type, details are available at stem20.uncubed.com.
All basic company registrations include:
- Event access for 4+ company reps
- Branding & promotion: the event will be advertised to thousands of students from each university partner as well as Uncubed’s own network
- Digital resume collection and your jobs posted on Uncubed for 30 days
- We’ll set it up with unlimited job spots and will provide complimentary access for 30 days with all event registrations. You can learn more about our platform and packages here.
Company event spaces include:
- One or more video round tables (powered by Zoom)
- One text-based chat room (powered by Slack)
- Event and company profile on Uncubed
- Event profiles will be available for event attendees to learn a bit about your company, navigate to your event space(s), and see your open roles. This profile will link to your full company profile on uncubed.com.
- Company profiles on uncubed.com are accessible by event attendees and the entire Uncubed community. We’ll set you up with unlimited job spots and complimentary access through August 18. You can learn more about our platform and packages here.